500 Global is a venture capital firm with more than USD $2.7 billion in assets under management that invests in founders building fast-growing technology companies. We invest early, and have follow-on and growth stage investing funds as well. We focus on markets where technology, innovation, and capital can unlock long-term value and drive economic growth. We invest far and wide, across sectors and geographies. Our portfolio includes 51 companies valued at USD $1B+ and 180 companies valued at more than USD $100 million.
500 Southeast Asia is an early investor in Grab, Bukalapak, Carousell, Carsome, Prenetics and Finaccel, with 15 more of our portfolio companies worth in excess of USD $100 million each. We have made investments in 250 companies, which have gone on to raise a total of USD $20 billion. We are at an inflection point of growth, where our fund sizes, vehicles, strategies, are expanding in line with our investors interests, and the market opportunities. Hence, we are growing our team to serve even more founders and be even more impactful to entrepreneurship and the region.
If you are looking for a rare and unique opportunity to interact heavily with founders and co-investors of our portfolio companies across Southeast Asia, be exposed to emerging venture markets, work with experienced lawyers with a busy transactional practice, and bring your legal career on a commercial trajectory, this role is for you!
You must have experience in transactional work including M&A, joint venture and restructuring matters. You will need to manage stakeholders, guide outside counsel and do what is needed to keep things going and get every transaction to completion.
We work at an incredible pace so you will need to be a self-starter with excellent EQ, strong time management skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work under pressure in a fast paced and constantly changing environment. We are looking for people who apply deep logic to their thinking and highly organised who are able to efficiently multi-task and see all projects from start to finish in a timely manner.
Candidates should be willing to work on a wide variety of legal and operational matters pertaining to 500 Southeast Asia’s portfolio of companies, including:
- Manage the deal lifecycle from deal handshake to completion across various stakeholders and workflows, ensuring timely, precise and accurate closure of all investments for the fund.
- Work closely with external legal counsels across multiple jurisdictions for specific transactions.
- Collaborate closely with founders, co-investors, external counsel and internal cross-functional stakeholders to develop and implement processes for efficient and streamlined legal operations and deal efficiencies.
- Drive portfolio management post-closing – including leading shareholder voting matters, ensuring data and documentation repositories are up to date and accurate at all times.
- Review, track and manage implementation and enforcement of contractual obligations.
- Supporting legal operation matters which may include ad hoc legal projects, as required.
- 4-5 years of M&A or corporate and commercial experience in a regional or international law firm, with experience supporting emerging or high growth companies;
- First or Second Upper Class Law degree from a reputable university preferred;
- Experienced in reviewing, drafting and negotiating term sheets and contracts;
- Prior in-house experience, experience in international deals and working across cultures will be prioritised;
- Meticulous and well-organised, has commercial awareness, a sense of ownership and the ability to work independently;
- Ability to efficiently multi-task across multiple deals and workflows and work calmly under tight deadlines and across time zone;
- Excellent communicator with great interpersonal skills.
- Passionate about tech and venture capital.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
500 Global is a venture capital firm with more than $2.7 billion¹ in assets under management that invests early in founders building fast-growing tech...