Holman is a global automotive leader that serves both commercial and consumer clients The Holman Way by always doing the right thing for our people, our customers, and the community since 1924. The Holman story began nearly a century ago as a single Ford dealership in New Jersey. Today, Holman, headquartered in Mount Laurel, New Jersey, is one of the largest family-owned automotive service organizations in North America with more than 6,500 employees across North America, the UK, and Germany.
Holman delivers a unique range of automotive-centric services including industry-leading fleet management and leasing; vehicle fabrication and upfitting; component manufacturing and productivity solutions; powertrain distribution and logistics services; commercial and personal insurance and risk management; and retail automotive sales as one of the largest privately owned dealership groups in the United States. Guided by its deeply rooted core values and principles, Holman is continuously Driving What’s Right.
Want to learn Venture Capital the Holman Way? As an Analyst for Holman Growth Ventures, here's what you'll do:
- Learn, quickly: Proactively go get information on trends affecting Holman and the startups leading the way -- beyond simple internet searches -- by reading research reports and talking to industry leaders.
- Think, deeply: Analyze and synthesize your learnings in writing and for oral presentation to the team. You will think about 2nd and 3rd order effects, and how Holman can capitalize upon them. You will dream about what could be if Holman had this technology. You will learn all the startups for a given trend and each one's unique take. You will know how investors value these companies.
- Debate, vigorously: So you think a trend has traction. Why? So you think a startup merits investment. Why? We will challenge your thinking. And you will challenge ours.
- Create, a lot: PowerPoint presentations, financial models, ROI analysis, reporting, and things we haven't even thought of yet.
- Grow, fast: You will be stretched in every phase. How you learn. How you think. How you communicate. This isn't for everyone.
Here's What You Won't Do
- Mindlessly input numbers into spreadsheets. You will understand why every number is important and how it helps the team drive outsized investment returns.
- Put smart art onto PowerPoint slides. You will learn how to communicate effectively in your writing and speaking.
- Regurgitate what you read or hear. You will form your own thoughts and continually prosecute them.
- Just take orders. We will ask you what you think. You will feel empowered.
Does this sound like you? Do you:
- Demand excellence of yourself and your work product?
- Thrive in fast-paced, constantly changing environments?
- Learn about or make things on your own just to make yourself, or the team, better?
- Love the idea of having, honing and effectively voicing your opinions?
- Match your high ambition with humility and friendliness?
- Love working in a team that loves to win?
- Love working in a team that loves to laugh together?
- Have 1-5 years of work experience?
- Have a bachelor's degree?
Get excited reading any of the above? We'd love to meet you.
At Holman, we exist to provide rewarding careers and better lives for employees and their families. We hire, train, empower, and reward exceptional people. Our journey is guided by our desire to get it right every time and the acknowledgement that we have an opportunity to be better. To be better, we have to do better, and to do better we must know better. That’s why we are listening, open to learning new things – about ourselves and each other. We will never stop striving for improved diversity, equity, and inclusion because we are successful together when we feel trusted and supported. It’s The Holman Way.
Holman provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
At nearly 100 years old, you might expect us to slow down, but Holman is committed to keeping the pedal to the metal and bringing our experience with ...