We are actively hiring new Investment Associates to join our NY/SF/Miami/London team to focus on the following responsibilities:
- Conducting market analysis and opportunity identification via academic research, customer interviews, conferences, incubator and University demo days, and peers (Angels/VCs).
- Proactively developing relationships with identified early stage (Seed, Series A, and B) companies that align to our investment theses and scope
- Help manage the investment pipeline process
- Creating content, events, and more to build the firm’s brand in the global market
Diligence and Investment Execution:
- Support the team’s initial screening and subsequent deep due diligence of potential investments
- Support development of diligence materials and Investment Memo/Scorecard to assess market sizing, talent assessment, product-market fit, key metrics/financials, capital structure, valuation modeling and exit scenarios, risks, etc.
- Liaise with team members to support diligence checks (product, tech, and finance) and finalize investment execution (legal and finance)
Portfolio Company Operating Support:
- Support portfolio companies around product strategy, talent sourcing, business development, regional market and global expansion and support for future financing
- Help gather and manage portfolio performance, metrics, and financials on a Quarterly basis
- Support capital raising for the firm and portfolio company follow-on round growth financings
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Excitement to join and help scale a specialist VC focused on FinTech software in North America, UK/EU, LatAm, and Israel.
- Passion for FinTech, along with InsurTech, PropTech and adjacent spaces.
- Significant network and experience in working across the relevant geos and sectors. Relevant network = banks, asset managers, insurers, FinTechs, and corporates (big tech, retailers).
- Alignment with Fin’s values in working in collaborative teams, high integrity, merit-driven and no ego/entitlement.
- 4-6 years of previous work experience, ideally with a background in venture capital, private equity, investment banking, and/or FinTech operating roles (Product Managers, BD/Sales, Corp Dev/Finance, etc.).
- Excitement to join and help scale a specialist VC focused on FinTech software in UK/EU
- DE&I candidates strongly preferred
Fin Capital is a full lifecycle global asset manager exclusively focused on FinTech software. We invest from pre-seed to pre-IPO along with the public markets. As ESG investors, we seek impact on several dimensions and our mission is to build a long-term legacy for our investors, founders, firm and team members – the "Fin Family." We are passionate about rolling up our sleeves and partnering with repeat entrepreneurs that have deep financial services experience, audacious goals, differentiated products, and a global platform mindset.
We call ourselves "FinTech Nerds with Capital" as we are operators at our core with deep corporate and start-up leadership experience - we know intimately what it’s like to walk in entrepreneurial shoes. Through our "OS" Lighthouse and hands-on operating playbook, we add meaningful value beyond capital throughout the partnership lifecycle.
Read more about us here: https://fin.capital
Fin is an asset management firm investing full lifecycle in FinTech and adjacent verticals in principally B2B enterprise SaaS companies.