Rough Draft Ventures is a student-run venture firm, powered and backed by General Catalyst. We bet on student entrepreneurs early and support them as they learn, grow, and build enduring, impactful companies.
Our venture fellows get the job done. They source all RDV deals, conduct due diligence, listen to pitches, and ultimately decide whether or not we invest. They train to become top-notch investors and learn the ins and outs of VC by practice. They also receive hands-on training from General Catalyst mentors.
As a VF, you will have full end-to-end responsibility of the investment process and will become a go-to resource for student entrepreneurs on your campus. You will work together with other fellows to evaluate early-stage companies and fund the best and brightest student founders. This is a 6-8 hour/week and unpaid commitment.
The only prerequisite is that you are a current student :) no matter what you study, where you attend school, or how many years you have left… we want to hear from you!
- Meet with student founders and learn more about what they’re building and how we can best partner with them
- Host events to build the student tech ecosystem and engage with our community
- Do market research to form our own theses about the future of a sector and make well-informed investment decisions
- Participate in weekly investment meetings to discuss investments, listen to pitches, and learn from best-in-class investors and operators
- Conduct due diligence, craft investment memos, and gather documentation to own the investment process end-to-end
- Host pitch competitions and hackathons to gather the best student entrepreneurs
- Attend training hosted by General Catalyst to learn about venture capital and early-stage investing
- Meet regularly with our portfolio companies to help them with their fundraising strategy, hiring, launch strategy, and growth
- Connect our founders to our world-class network of investors, mentors, and operators to guide them through their top-of-mind challenges
- … and more!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
It’s easier than ever to start a company. We’re here to help you take it from first draft (or second, or third) to final draft with world-class educat...