Assistant General Counsel
AI Fund is an early stage venture studio founded by Dr. Andrew Ng in 2017. Our portfolio companies utilize AI technology and applications to improve processes and efficiency. The AI Fund team combines their experiences as AI pioneers, entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, investors, and operators. We are backed by a $176 million-dollar fund from top-tier VC firms.
We’re looking for an experienced attorney to join us as a strong #2 to our General Counsel. As Assistant General Counsel, you will work with all cross-functional teams within our organization as well as startups in our growing portfolio of companies to ensure that all legal matters are handled in a professional and efficient manner. The Assistant General Counsel will also be responsible for drafting and reviewing legal documents, overseeing regulatory compliance, and reviewing and maintaining company policies and procedures.
What You Will be Doing:
- Incorporate and prepare legal documentation in connection with establishing and investing in new startups
- Review, draft, and negotiate contracts; develop and continue to improve templates for contracts that are used repeatedly in our work process. Contracts include corporate formation documentation, investment documents, NDAs, MSAs, consulting agreements, and licensing agreements.
- Create templates and playbooks to streamline cross-functional collaboration and raise awareness on relevant issues and processes
- Serve as the primary legal point of contact for our team, including build/investments, recruiting, marketing, finance, and operations
- Support General Counsel on special projects
- Develop a deep understanding of venture studio and venture capital operations and the landscape in which we operate
- Identify, design, and lead initiatives where efficiencies can be gained through technology implementation and automation, or process improvement
- Work with outside counsel to manage legal matters requiring specialized expertise or resources
- Develop and implement legal policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Monitor legal developments that might impact us, such as changes to laws and regulations, and advise and make recommendations on how to adapt
What You Must Bring:
- 3–7 years of relevant legal experience, including minimum of 3 years of law firm experience
- JD (or equivalent) degree from an accredited law school.
- Experience with technology startups, venture capital is required; experience with intellectual property, employment, data security law is preferred, but not required
- Process, detail-oriented and enjoys the responsibility that comes with a regulated, innovative, and fast-paced environment
- You thrive at building relationships and delivering complex information in an understandable wayPrior experience managing tight deadlines from multiple business stakeholders
- Excellent judgment, communication, and organizational skills
At AI Fund, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. AI Fund believes that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Selection for employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Artificial intelligence is the new electricity. Just like electricity revolutionized the world, AI will now do the same.