Director of Networks and Communications
High Alpha Innovation is searching for a Director of Networks and Communications who will lead all aspects of network, community development, and communications to leverage their collective networks to support business development and portfolio companies at High Alpha Innovation. In this role, you will attract a diverse pool of high-quality individuals, firms and organizations who are passionate about building, investing, and giving “an advantage: to and supporting the High Alpha Innovation ecosystem.
- Foster deep relationships with High Alpha Innovation partners including corporations, universities, founders, VCs, LPs, mentors and partners.
- Retain and engage the best partners in the venture building ecosystem who want to work together to help High Alpha Innovation and its portfolio achieve big outcomes.
- Leverage your extensive network of deep and trusted relationships with investors to draw in capital flows to High Alpha Innovation, High Alpha Innovation studios and High Alpha Innovation portfolio companies with little friction or cost.
- Accelerate High Alpha Innovation portfolio success through strategic marketing initiatives; PR announcements, planning and hosting online and in person networking events, curating newsletters and managing drip campaigns to keep members of our community engaged and up to date with High Alpha Innovation and our companies
- Increase the scale of the High Alpha Innovation network.
- Build an iconic brand for advantaged startups
- Integrate the High Alpha Innovation community into all aspects of our portfolio company’s business, ensuring that they are actively engaging with leadership and are aligned with business goals
- Measure and communicate community impact; establish key performance indicators (KPIs) that reflect the unique value of the community.
- Align measurement practices with existing frameworks in the company to provide consistent metrics.
- Highlight the impact of the community on revenue and customer success to raise awareness among executives.
- Enable High Alpha Innovation’s portfolio to engage effectively with the community by providing guidance, highlighting active threads, and developing streamlined processes for integrating the members of our community into our Programs and companies
- Close the loop with customers by acknowledging their feedback and providing updates on how their input is considered.
- Encourage cross-functional collaboration and prioritize customer needs.
- Provide training and guidelines to ensure appropriate community engagement from other functions of the business; encourage them to focus on problem-solving and building relationships within the community
- Prioritize understanding customer needs and communicate how their feedback is being addressed, even if specific requests may not align with long-term strategies.
- Minimum of 10 years experience of industry related experience, with a proven track record in venture investing, startup operations, product management, management consulting, or corporate innovation
- Fluent in business acumen, including knowledge in strategy, marketing, finance, operations and product development
- Demonstrated success in ecosystem development that includes meaningful relationships with partners including corporates, universities, government entities, founders and other parties with vested interest in the local ecosystem and economic development
- Broad network of senior leaders in a specific industry and venture community
- Experience with early-stage companies with a demonstrated understanding of how these businesses are built and what makes them successful
- Success in building investment syndicates with multiple like-minded investors
- Intellectual horsepower needed to think across industries & technology market to identify the highest-value opportunities
- Ability to interpret and communicate complex business ideas to different audiences, in addition to listening and modifying your thinking based on the contributions and perspectives of others
- Demonstrated EQ and dynamic communication skills needed to quickly build trusting collaborative relationships and instill confidence in their work with all stakeholders
- Strong mentoring and coaching experience with excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Competitive salary plus equity plan
- Medical, dental & vision Insurance with employer HSA contribution
- Company paid STD/LTD and Life Insurance
- Unlimited PTO plan to encourage a healthy work - life balance
- 20 paid company holidays
- 401k with company contribution
- A remote first culture. Work from anywhere in the continental United States
- Company provided laptop plus a monthly technology stipend to help cover additional working expenses
- A collaborative, entrepreneurial environment with a proven venture studio playbook
- The opportunity to create, build and grow innovative products with world class founders
WHAT WE VALUE :
We make decisions with imperfect information and quickly move forward. We take action. We are comfortable with discomfort, and we measure our results in terms of what we build.
WE ARE BOLD
We seek, uncover, and speak truth. We are endlessly curious, we dream big and we lead through vision. Our ideas change the world.
WE CREATE OPPORTUNITY
We aim to create as much opportunity for as many people as possible, and we believe startups are a powerful vehicle for doing so. By creating opportunity, we create joy for ourselves, our loved ones, our corporate partners, and if we’re doing it right -- the world.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
High Alpha Innovation is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not just accept diverse backgrounds, we celebrate them. Our company, the work we do, and our partners benefit from the value of a diverse team. No team member's value lies alone in their diversity, and because we value diversity so highly, we reiterate that all hiring and employment decisions are made on merit, performance, competence, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We co-create advantaged startups to solve compelling problems.