Head of Insights
SET Ventures invests in companies with a digital-first approach to accelerating the clean energy transition. We are convinced that to go 100% carbon-free, society must fundamentally change the way in which energy is distributed, stored and used.
Now recognised as a global energy thought leader, we are proud to be Europe's leading venture capital (VC) investor in energy and even prouder to have invested in category-defining companies such as Sonnen, Instagrid, Sensorfact and ESFORIN. With a freshly raised fund we are doubling down on investing in the entrepreneurs building the energy system of the future.
We are a small team of 11, combining years of experience in tech, VC, energy and finance. We are an international team with American, Australian, Dutch, German and Swiss team members and greatly value diversity of backgrounds and perspectives.
We are now looking for a Head of Insights. We believe that there is tremendous value adding a Head of Insights to our team, that works closely with the SET investment team to mine unique perspectives from our daily interactions with the forerunners of the energy transition. Your research guides our investment strategy, adds value to investor relations and portfolio company development and contributes to the thought leadership of SET in the sector.
About the role
Working in venture capital means joining a fast-paced and dynamic work environment where no day is quite the same. This role is a great opportunity to join a frontrunner in ClimateTech and become a recognised voice in the conversation about a carbon-free energy system.
- Lead research into key sectors and industry trends that impact the energy transition and translate insights into proprietary thematic reports;
- Publish and present content that connects us with entrepreneurs, other investors and industry players;
- Source high-quality external data on a tight budget;
- Coach the investment team to improve their research and due-diligence skills;
- Guide SET’s data strategy and be instrumental in making us more data-driven;
- Engage with fund investors and portfolio companies at a strategic level;
- Represent SET at external events, such as startup, investor and policy networks.
To ensure a steep learning curve and fast integration, we expect new team members to be located in Amsterdam or Hamburg, working from the office a few days per week.
We believe the below experiences and attributes form a solid base for this role:
- 5 years experience in a research firm, academia or corporate, during which you’ve spent most of your time in research and tech, where you have published research reports or other publications;
- Competence in data management, research methodologies, business analytics and visualisation;
- Gifted writer and editor with excellent communication and presentation skills in English;
- A real passion for climate and energy technology innovation and startups, a relevant network in the sector is a plus;
- Self-directed, team player who enjoys working with a broad variety of people;
- EU Work permit
What we offer
- Contribute to tackling climate change through innovation and technology;
- A unique opportunity to see your strategic insights get translated into investment actions;
- Leverage SET’s platform to engage and work with leading figures that drive change in the energy world at a global scale;
- Opportunity to travel internationally and present your insights at leading events;
- Significant development, responsibility, mentoring and personal growth opportunities;
- The role is based at our office in Amsterdam or Hamburg;
- Startup spirit, cohesive, international team culture, and colleagues who are world experts in this sector.
Job application process
Ready to become a part of the community solving climate change?
Then apply and we will be in touch shortly.
If you have specific questions about the role, you can reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise we encourage you to apply and we will provide the opportunity during the first interview to answer your questions.
Make sure to follow SET Ventures on LinkedIn to learn more about the energy sector!
Digital technologies for a carbon-free energy future 🌍