Director - gBETA Huntsville
gener8tor is a nationally-ranked venture capital firm and accelerator.
gBETA is a 7 week free accelerator program to help build and scale startups. See this link for more information: https://www.gener8tor.com/gbeta
gBETA Directors serve as the center of the entrepreneurial ecosystem in which they work - engaging with startup founders, mentors, investors and the community as a whole. They are responsible for:
- Recruiting local startups for two seven-week accelerator programs per year
- Managing the logistics and execution of the accelerator programs and helping the selected startups grow through applied mentorship, connections and support
- Engaging the community with startup resources year round
- Connecting gBETA alumni to a global network of support
We are looking for ambitious community advocates whose hunger to support entrepreneurs, connect with mentors and investors, and strengthen the startup ecosystem is never satiated. No need for applicants to come with existing startup experience; gBETA Directors have come from prior careers in journalism, academia, economic development, science, politics, law and nonprofits.
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders (startup founders, mentors, investors, corporate partners, etc.) and engage with them across the community.
- Act as the point of contact between founders, stakeholders and gener8tor.
- Recruit, vet, and select startup participants for gBETA cohorts.
- Manage logistics and execute two gBETA programs per year according to gener8tor’s established curriculum and best practices.
- Work collaboratively with other g8 staff, particularly those serving the Huntsville and broader Alabama markets.
- Engage with the entrepreneurial ecosystem in the community and/or industry and, over time, establish themself as a trustworthy and reliable source of mentorship and connections.
- Assist alumni with ongoing mentor, sponsor and investor relations.
- Be a steadfast cheerleader and advocate for the startups and entrepreneurs we work with.
- Support the gener8tor team across multiple programs.
- Meet with the founders 1:1 on a weekly basis to provide concierge-like service.
- Lead partnership with Innovation Collective on behalf of gener8tor and RCP, including oversight for community building activities, interns, and coaching implementatio.n
- Provide support on state ecosystem building activities which may include community events, market visits, legislative outreach, and other stakeholder engagement.
- Be present and attend all necessary networking and community events with the expectation that many times these take place at night or over the weekend.
- Total devotion to Huntsville and the startup ecosystem of Huntsville
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Demonstrated proficiency at community building activities
- Commitment to equity across race, place and gender
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple ongoing projects and responsibilities
- A “no job is beneath me” mentality
- Willingness to intensively and rapidly learn a new industry, or dive deeper into the world of startups and venture capital
- Flexibility to work some nights and weekends
- At least one year of program or product management experience is a plus
- Relevant bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Able to work from the Huntsville office
At gener8tor we…
- See genius in every community. Across race, place and gender, we believe the company has a chance to accomplish a generational challenge in bridging genius with opportunity.
- Never self-defeat and have a “play to win” mentality. We revolve everything we do around helping the entrepreneurs in our programs.
- Are curious. We work hard to find hidden gems others overlook.
- Believe no job is beneath us. We wipe down the tables and load up the U-Hauls with enthusiasm. Work as a team to get $#!^ done!
- Strive for “that guy emailed me.” We share a commitment to take a bottom-up approach to building strong, personal, 1-1 relationships. We believe that the best way to quality is through quantity.
To apply, please fill out the form below.
We strongly encourage candidates who are Black, indigenous, people of color, women, LGBTQIA+, those with previous felony convictions and others who identify as being from an underrepresented group to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any of the above characteristics or others protected by law.
Striving to be the best partner for a community to create wealth and jobs by investing in its best and brightest, we build entire ecosystems of entrep...