Dawn is Europe’s largest specialist B2B software investor, with assets under management of $2.0bn. Dawn partners with founders building the next generation of global software leaders, supporting them to harness extraordinary teams, exceptional technology and scalable business models to create category-defining global companies. Dawn is an early-stage investor, backing companies from Series A and B, and continuing to fund the top-performing through growth rounds to exit. Its roster of investments includes Mimecast (formerly NASDAQ-listed, taken private by Permira in a $5.8bn transaction), iZettle (sold to PayPal for $2.2bn cash), Tink (purchased by Visa for $2.0bn), LeanIX (acquired by SAP), as well as current market leaders, Collibra, Dataiku, Quantexa, Soldo, and Copper, amongst others.
Dawn is currently investing from Dawn Capital V, the firm’s $620m fifth flagship fund, and Dawn Opportunities Fund, a $80m fund to enable Dawn to double down on its best performing companies to exit. The firm delivers industry-leading returns for its blue-chip investors and founders, with Dawn acknowledged as Europe's top-performing venture capital fund manager by Preqin in 2023 and all the firm’s funds ranked in the top quartile for venture capital performance globally.
Dawn is looking to hire a Marketing Associate to join their team. The role will report to Dawn’s Events Lead and Head of Marketing, and the individual will help deliver events, communications and marketing initiatives to support brand development, investment origination and relationship building with Dawn’s founders, investors and wider network.
The role’s areas of responsibility will include:
- Events - Supporting the delivery of Dawn’s event programme, both in-person and virtual, including network dinners, drinks receptions, conferences and off-sites. Assisting with event planning and organisation (e.g. venue shortlisting, guest list management, event comms and event progress tracking), managing guest experiences and enhancing our event playbooks
- Social media - Managing Dawn’s social accounts, creating posts, growing audience engagement and suggesting improvements to maximum reach
- Communication - Drafting Dawn’s newsletter and email communications, managing distribution, mailing lists and growing audience engagement
- Digital marketing - Maintaining Dawn’s website, updating content and suggesting improvements to enhance the user experience
- Marketing assets and merchandise - Creating and maintaining Dawn’s marketing materials, assets (inc films and photography) and merchandise
- Ad hoc - Supporting interactions with Dawn’s agencies and suppliers, including PR agency, content writer, design firm and events planners and suppliers
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a proven team player
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Very well organised with an ability to prioritise and execute
- Analytical with excellent attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
- An ability to manage both internal and external stakeholders
- An eye for design excellence and creative mindset
Qualifications and experience
- Strong written and spoken English, additional languages a bonus
- Event management skills - experience organising and hosting a broad range of events, from small dinners to large drinks receptions and conferences
- Digital marketing skills - proficiency with standard website CMS, Twitter, LinkedIn and email marketing systems such as WordPress, Campaign Monitor and Mailchimp. Experience with existing event management tools and platforms such as Paperless Post and Eventbrite
- Excellent Google Suite skills, with a good eye for visual presentation and the ability to write compelling and concise communications
- An interest in and understanding of Venture Capital, the B2B software space in which Dawn operates and its main competitors
Reporting to: Dawn’s Event Lead and Head of Investor Relations and Marketing
Location: Dawn’s office in Soho, London with occasional travel required and flexibility to work from home four days per month
We back European founders building the next generation of global software leaders.