Latin America Investment Intern
Quona Capital is a leading venture capital investment firm dedicated to fueling global fintech that advances financial inclusion. We invest in early-stage financial technology companies and embedded finance opportunities in emerging markets (Latin America, Asia and Africa). The firm was formed with a simple idea: technology has the power to radically improve the quality, access, and affordability of financial services for underserved customers and businesses.
Quona was established in 2015 and today operates with over USD 750 million in assets under management (AUM), 65+ investments across three portfolios, and a global team operating in Washington, D.C. (USA), São Paulo (Brazil), Mexico City (Mexico), Bangalore (India), Cape Town (South Africa), and others. Quona’s investments in Latin America include iconic fintech startups such as Addi, Contabilizei, Creditas, Klar, Konfio, Kovi and Neon. To learn more, check out our portfolio and meet the team at www.quona.com.
Quona Capital is seeking a motivated and passionate individual to join their team as a Latin America Investment Intern, based in São Paulo. The intern will work directly with the Latin America team (associates and partners) on all aspects of the investment and portfolio management processes and will have exposure to high-energy entrepreneurial and Venture Capital ecosystems in Latin America and beyond.
- Conduct market research and analysis within key fintech sub-sectors and target markets.
- Contribute to investment decision-making and assist with due diligence processes, including direct engagement with startups, development of investment theses, strategic and financial analyses and assistance with pipeline management.
- Source investment opportunities, including through engagement with the startup and fintech ecosystems.
- Support portfolio management activities, including monitoring and reporting on the performance of portfolio companies and assistance with ad-hoc projects and initiatives.
- Support the Quona team in operational activities, including reporting, management of the investment pipeline database, development of ecosystem events, knowledge sharing and thought leadership.
Required skills and competencies
- Enthusiasm for entrepreneurship, technology, financial inclusion, and investing.
- Drive, hunger, and a track record of over achievement.
- Excellent analytical skills (quantitative and qualitative), strategic mindset and independent thinking.
- Ability to take initiative and work in a fast-paced team that is geographically disperse.
- Ability to collaborate effectively within a team and work independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- At least one year of work experience.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree, with graduation expected in December 2024 or later.
Desired skills and competencies
- Experience in investing (venture capital, private equity, public equities, others), consulting, investment banking, fintech, venture-backed startups, or a related field.
- Skills in evaluating investment opportunities - ability to quickly identify and analyze key questions, risks or upsides to an investment.
- Domain knowledge in financial services/technology/venture capital.
Candidates of all backgrounds, including those belonging to underrepresented minorities, are strongly encouraged to apply.
- This position offers a unique and exciting opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the venture capital industry and the fast-growing fintech sector in Latin America. You will have the chance to learn from experienced investment professionals, engage with innovative entrepreneurs, and contribute to the firm's mission of financial inclusion.
- Competitive salary and benefits… plus people who are fun to work with!
VC blending purpose+progress, capital+community, and innovation+execution to help founders build a more financially inclusive world. We fuel global fi...