Vice President of Business Development, Institutional Investor Relations
Techstars is seeking a visionary leader to head our Capital Formation team. In this pivotal role, you will lead business development and investor relations efforts, driving fundraising growth and forging impactful relationships with investors. If you're a strategic thinker with a proven track record in fundraising and partnership cultivation, we invite you to shape our future.
This role will report to the Chief Capital Formation Officer.
About the role:
- Leverage your extensive network to identify and pursue fundraising opportunities with institutional investors, family offices, and high-net-worth individuals.
- Collaborate with the broader capital team to craft new investment products and strategies aligned with evolving investor demands.
- Drive the development and execution of strategic initiatives to expand our investor base, fueling business growth.
- Gather and relay investor feedback to influence future product offerings and enhance client satisfaction.
- Attend industry events, conferences, and networking opportunities to enhance our brand presence and attract new investment prospects.
- Provide regular updates to investors on fund performance, market trends, and investment opportunities.
- Build and maintain strong rapport with investors, ensuring ongoing communication to nurture relationships and explore new investment avenues.
- Tailor communication strategies to align with investor needs, enhancing satisfaction and retention.
- Exceptional relationship-building skills, connecting with stakeholders across the spectrum.
- Deep passion and understanding of the tech startup ecosystem.
- Strong grasp of investment management, financial markets, and regulatory frameworks.
- Exceptional organizational skills, ensuring accurate tracking of investor-related activities.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, even when articulating complex concepts.
- 10+ years of demonstrated success in investor relations and business development within financial services or related industries.
- Proven record of raising capital from institutional investors and high-net-worth individuals, with expertise in managing investor relationships.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, business or related field preferred
Compensation: $150,000 - $200,000 with variable commision
The Techstars worldwide network helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas—entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation, and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations, and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 3,000 companies that today have a combined market cap valuation of $100 Billion. www.techstars.com
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity nor any other basis prohibited by law.
Techstars uses E-Verify to check the work authorization of all new hires. For more information about E-Verify, please see the following:
The worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed.