Investment Summer Associate
We invest in venture-backed startups developing technologies that provide ready-soon innovation vital to the IC mission. Our team is proud to take an active role in shaping the technology landscape and product trajectory of several notable companies forging a partnership in making a significant impact on both our customer and commercial communities.
In-Q-Tel (IQT) is a not-for-profit that serves and powers the national security interests of the U.S. and its allies, providing the most sophisticated source of strategic technical knowledge, insights, and capabilities. IQT powers its partners ahead of the curve through cutting-edge research, strategic investments, exploration and applied research, and acceleration of capabilities.
- Support Partners on the Investment team on their deals
- Provide situational awareness projects
- Support company outreach and meeting notes
- Provide blog posts
- Provide internal research
- Will involve supporting multiple deals in process, as well as at least one (and likely more) situational awareness products.
- Will also get occasional exposure to Portfolio Board discussions and other elements of the venture capital industry.
- Enthusiasm for the National Security mission
- Passion for the venture capital industry and a desire to become proficient as an investor
- Desire to work with a wide range of people, including entrepreneurs, investors, and the government
- Relevant degree (complete or active) or equivalent experience. Graduate (complete or active) preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with employees at all levels in the organization.
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively with peers and management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
In-Q-Tel (IQT) is a not-for-profit that serves and powers the national security interests of the U.S. and its allies, providing the most sophisticated...