Accounting and Operations Analyst
Help us to build the next generation of mental health and wellness companies. As an Accounting and Operations Analyst reporting to the Senior Associate, Administration and Accounting you will bring a unique mix of skills and experience to the Noetic team. The position is based in Toronto, Canada.
The analyst will primarily be responsible for administration and accounting duties across the Noetic ecosystem of investment vehicles and implementing new processes to advance the firm’s business operations and improve the client experience.
Tasks will include fund accounting and valuation support, operational and administrative duties related to investor relations, fundraising efforts, regulatory and tax filings, financial reporting, and the administration of investment vehicles.
Primary Responsibilities, Requirements and Representative Tasks:
- Thrive in a team environment where communication, cohesiveness, and a common purpose guide one’s unique responsibilities within the firm’s entrepreneurial culture.
- Support the Noetic team enhancing the administrative and operational functions of the Noetic investment funds.
- Perform regular portfolio accounting and finance related tasks which includes valuation of Noetic funds’ investments and liaising with Noetic’s fund administrator.
- Maintain general ledger, prepare financial statements and investor account statements for the SPVs; assist in preparation of US and Canadian tax filings.
- Support the creation and launch of new investment vehicles, including investment funds and SPVs.
- Manage the company’s CRM, investor portal and data room.
- Help with day-to-day management of the funds operations and administration.
- Operate at the highest level of ethical and fiduciary standards.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, with an emphasis on Finance and Accounting.
- High proficiency in MS Office applications with a focus on Excel.
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- 1+ years of work experience in private equity, venture capital, investment banking, or other industry in a finance and accounting role.
- Pursuing a CPA or CFA is an advantage.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Ability to work well in a high-octane, team environment.
$60,000-$70,000 base salary plus performance-based bonus and employee benefits
Who is Noetic?
We are a purpose-built investment team launched by Grey House Partners GP Inc. Noetic was founded in early 2020 with a vision to disrupt the current standards of care for some of society’s largest unmet needs in mental health . Through its venture capital funds, Noetic invests globally in innovative technologies across drug discovery and development, digital therapeutics, medical devices, biomarkers and the development of new verticals to support the growing needs across indications related to the central nervous system and mental health. Noetic’s main areas of focus relate to Treatment Resistant Depression (TRD), Major Depressive Disorder (MDD), Pain Management (Fibromyalgia, Neuropathic and Post-Operative), Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Substance Use Disorder (SUD), General Anxiety Disorder (GAD), amongst many others.
Our mission is to nurture the scientific advancement of mental, emotional, and physiological health by investing in emerging therapies, modalities, and sciences that are committed to optimizing our human experience.
Here is a 2.5 min video on Noetic™ and its people: Click Link to Corporate Video.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. To be considered, candidates must be eligible to work in Canada. If you are interested in applying, please send us your resume and cover letter (optional) via Indeed, demonstrating your qualifications, skills, and experience. We are committed to diversity and inclusion. Our corporation is an equal opportunity employer and qualified candidates will be considered regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, cultural or national background, marital status, disability status, and any other basis protected by Ontario law. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), accommodation support throughout the recruitment process are available upon request. If you require accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment process, please let us know.
A venture fund investing in early-stage psychedelic-based wellness, therapeutic and pharmaceutical companies globally.