Portfolio Success Manager
Woven by Toyota is the mobility technology subsidiary of Toyota Motor Corporation. Our mission is to deliver safe, intelligent, human-centered mobility for all.
Woven Capital is an $800 million global fund that invests in growth-stage companies which help advance the vision and mission of Woven by Toyota and the broader Toyota group. Our investment focus areas include connected cities, industry 4.0, next-generation vehicles, automation, artificial intelligence, machine learning, data and analytics, and electrification.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Woven Capital is seeking a Portfolio Success Manager to lead strategic initiatives to accelerate portfolio company growth. You will work closely with startups and VCs in our portfolio. Key responsibilities include discovering strategic challenges and opportunities at Woven by Toyota and the broader Toyota group of companies, identifying technology and business owners in Woven by Toyota and Toyota’s universe, and bridge the gap between startup ecosystem and large corporations. You are a self-motivated, project ownership driven, disciplined, results oriented, and flexible individual with demonstrated experience in managing complex business development projects and growing companies. The Portfolio Success Manager will report to the Head of Portfolio Success at Woven Capital and collaborate closely with the Investment Team, Finance, Legal, Communications, and other members of Woven by Toyota’s corporate leadership teams. This role is based in Plano, TX.
- Thoroughly comprehend each portfolio's challenges and needs, then build action plans to support them for short/medium/long-term value creation.
- Develop networks in Woven by Toyota and Toyota group companies, exploring their interests and constraints.
- Identify areas for potential partnerships between Woven Capital’s portfolio companies, including the portfolio companies of Woven Capital’s VC fund investments, and Woven by Toyota and Toyota group companies.
- Develop new business opportunities between startups and Woven Capital’s stakeholders by facilitating discussions and collaborations.
- Work with the Head of Portfolio Success to establish a robust portfolio management platform to promote business growth and partnership between portfolio companies, Woven by Toyota, and the broader Toyota group companies.
REQUIRED SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- 7+ years’ experience in business development or project management.
- Experience managing complex projects under strict deadlines.
- Excellent business planning, business development and leadership skills.
- Communicate clearly and effectively and display strong verbal and written presentation skills, including the ability to communicate complex ideas simply and tailor key messages and presentation styles to multiple audiences.
- Ability to multi-task comfortably in a fast-paced, flexible, dynamic and entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrated ability to positively influence people at all levels of an organization, both internally and externally.
- Driven for Results - Credibility earned through delivering results. Balances urgent and effective action, commitment to excellence, taking initiative to resolve problems and work quality
WHAT WE OFFER
We are committed to creating a modern work environment that supports our employees and their loved ones. We offer many options of the best programs to allow you to do your most meaningful work and to help you shape the future of mobility.
- Excellent health, wellness, dental and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Family planning and care benefits
By submitting your application you agree to the following terms: https://woven.toyota/en/applicant-privacy-notice
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
- We pledge that any information we receive from you will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.
Woven Capital is an $800 million global investment fund that supports growth-stage companies focused on technology and innovation in mobility.