XRC Ventures is an NYC-based venture capital firm & startup accelerator focused on retail tech, consumer goods & consumer healthtech.
The XRC Ventures PR platform allows growing portfolio startups to gain investor and consumer attention via media / analyst placements, awards and events.
Each client supported has been vetted by the XRC Ventures investment team and accepted into the portfolio due to their strong founder(s), cutting-edge product offering and promising future within their industry. Most clients are at the pre-seed to Series A stages, so it’s an exciting and crucial time for them to gain positive momentum.
The ideal candidate for this role is a PR freelancer who has national media relations experience, specifically within retail tech, consumer goods & consumer healthtech. They need to be outgoing, very organized and able to work independently and proactively, while communicating regularly.
This individual will report into XRC Ventures’ PR Director, Amanda Bell, who leads PR services for the platform.
Current clients include:
- XRC Ventures (startups / VC)
- Gather AI (robotics, manufacturing, supply chain)
- HILOS (fashion, sustainability, tech)
- Recurate (resale, circular economy)
- Veeve (grocery tech)
- Help keep all media lists and trackers up-to-date
- Conduct daily media monitoring for pending coverage
- Help develop media assets which include but are not limited to:
- Pitch templates
- Press releases
- Contributed content (articles)
- Secure business, consumer and trade coverage for portfolio startups and XRC Ventures
- Facilitate media interviews
- Provide a briefing document with reporter background, outlet background and interview angle with potential questions / suggested answers
- Handle all follow-up outreach and media monitoring
- Share coverage amplification recommendations
- Research and submit brands for relevant business, consumer and trade media awards and event speaking opportunities
- 3+ years of public relations experience in related field(s)
- Knowledge of Google platforms (Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc.)
- Knowledge of Cision and Slack
- Ability to be client-facing: professional, articulate, open to learning and feedback, personable
- Ideally based in Central or Eastern time zones.
- Contract: freelancer (1099)
- Part Time: 10+ hours per week
- $40/hr - $45/hr (dependent on experience)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
XRC Ventures provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Venture firm & startup accelerator investing in retail tech, consumer goods and the consumer healthtech sectors.