Plug and Play is a global innovation platform and venture capital firm. Our mission is to make innovation open to anyone, anywhere. Each year, hundreds of entrepreneurs join our vertical-specific accelerator programs to team up with our corporate members or receive a direct investment from Plug and Play. Plug and Play has over 40 locations across the world and our corporate members include: The Alliance to End Plastic Waste, USAA, Visa, Nationwide, Aflac, Daimler, Ford, Nissan, BP, Johnson & Johnson, Roche, Pfizer, Walmart, Coca Cola, Adidas, and over 500 more. Plug and Play’s corporate members utilize Plug and Play to identify the best startups to meet their challenges. Plug and Play’s proven investment track record includes Honey, Guardant Health, ApplyBoard, BigID, Kustomer, Rappi, Flutterwave, Hippo, PayPal, Lending Club, Dropbox, and many more.
Plug and Play Maritime is looking for an All Star Intern who is interested to learn more in the field of Ventures, Partner Succes and Program. As we live the startup spirit ourselves, no one in the team is exclusively limited to their main tasks. Rather, we are a dynamic team of all-rounders who work closely together in all projects; you will experience the same during this dynamic internship.
Ideal candidates for this role are detail-oriented, very organized, social, creative, proactive and enjoy working with others in a fun and fast-paced environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Curate startup lists for corporate partners based on their technology interests
- Support the deal team on investment opportunities
- Source startups for respective vertical program
- Attend calls or meetings with relevant companies
- Help build and maintain strong relationships with local VCs, universities, corporations, etc.
- Conduct high-level research; analyze market, examine industry trends, track competitive landscape, interact with financial models, etc.
- Support the department directors to close corporate membership contracts
- Produce, organize, and maintain internal and external sales and marketing materials like presentation decks, case studies, competitive intelligence, and contact lists
- Funnelling all individual interests of our corporate partners into the outline of the program and timeline (e.g. Workshops, Dealflow Sessions, Innovation Days, Demo Days etc.).
- Introducing start-ups to our corporate partners and helping our corporate partners engage with startups when there is a potential match or opportunity.
Program & Events:
- Assist in setting up events, mentor sessions & office hours
- Help defining content for events, outreach speakers & share ideas
- Collect content for social media and newsletters
- Coordinate the monthly newsletter & socials
- Prepare name tags, demo table signs, registration, printouts for events
- Order necessary materials, swag and equipment and prepare purchase orders for accounting.
- Prepare documents and slide decks for major events such as: Selection Day, Innovation Day, EXPO Day, flyers for meetups, and so forth.
- Assist during events (welcoming guests, videoteam, helicopter view)
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Be part of Plug and Play - the biggest and fastest-growing startup innovation platform globally with locations worldwide
- Be at the forefront of innovation and get access to groundbreaking technologies
- Be part of a dynamic, international and open-minded team
- Get access to and communicate with leading international maritime executives, startups and investors
- Work in a vibrant and unique working environment
- Various opportunities for your career development
- Contribute and realize your own ideas and have room for self-development
- Bachelor’s degree required (Anything more than that is a plus)
- Highly motivated work style, strong people skills, positive mindset, and proactive attitude
- Demonstrate integrity, responsibility, accountability, self-awareness, work ethic, and empathy
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Self-starter who can work with minimal supervision
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong punctuality and professionalism in the workplace
*All applications must be submitted in English
** Plug and Play's global attendance policy: 3 days at the office, 2 days at home
The ultimate innovation platform: we connect the world's best startups to industry-leading corporations. ✨