We are a team of 11 investment professionals and as an Associate, you will be a core part of it. You will source and help execute the most promising investment opportunities in Deep Tech and Life Sciences across Europe. You will be a crucial team member from Day 1 – and help us sustain and expand MIG’s stellar track record of supporting tomorrow’s technologies.
We are committed to promoting diversity and would like to strongly encourage applications from non-traditional, diverse backgrounds.
- Deal flow: Assess incoming investment opportunities incl. review of business plans, pitch decks and financial models, as well as interviews with start-up management teams
- Deal sourcing: Definition of investment theses and market mapping, identification and contacting of high-potential investment targets (e.g., industry events, pitch competitions, portfolios of other VCs)
- Due diligence: Involvement in all aspects of the assessment of new investments incl. market and competition analysis, financial review, deal term modelling etc.
- Portfolio management: Review of portfolio company reports and formulation of recommendations, support the investment managers on special projects and exit processes
- Overarching projects: Support the team on strategic internal projects as well as fundraising, marketing, PR, and investor relations activities.
- Minimum of 2+ years of professional experience, ideally in venture capital, strategy consulting, start-ups, or any sector related to MIG Capital’s investment focus.
- Master’s degree, preferably in STEM, computer sciences, or a similar field
- Self-starter who is willing to be part of a highly collaborative team
- Highly analytical with an interest in sifting through, and identifying trends within, large volumes of data
- Fast learner with a high level of intellectual curiosity for new technologies and business models
- Basic understanding of financial modeling and accounting
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills with an ability to build effective business relationships
- Experience and desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment
- Fluency in English and German, with an international and European mindset
Optional, but highly welcome:
- First knowledge and experience with VC investment processes (deal flow, due diligence, etc.)
- Strong own network with access to other VCs, incubators, startups, universities, think tanks etc.
- Daily exposure to inspiring entrepreneurs and groundbreaking technologies
- Work in a team that values flat hierarchy, creativity, and humor
- Attractive compensation package
- Mentoring and coaching by one of the most experienced and successful VC teams in Europe
- Clear and structured career progression pathways, with opportunities for advancement
- Beautiful office in the center of Munich and top-notch technical equipment
- Flexible working hours and remote work options
- Coprorate health benefit program (wellness & fitness pass)
MIG Capital is one of the leading German early-stage venture capital firms. We invest in Deep Tech (Advanced Computing, IoT, Robotics, Space…) and Life Sciences (Biotech, Medtech, Digital Health…) start-ups. Our team is a mix of engineers, biologists, physicists, lawyers, consultants, investors – and above all, entrepreneurs. We provide pioneers with the support, connections and capital needed to build companies that move the world forward.
Our funds represent more than EUR 1.3 billion committed capital from retail and institutional investors. Since 2004, the firm has invested in >50 companies including for example Biontech (IPO in 2019), IQM, and Konux.
Interested to join us? We look forward to getting to know you!
From vision to value. Together, we build the companies that move the world forward.