Yellow is a pre-seed fund investing in future European leaders, focused on France and Southern Europe, started by a complimentary team of active unicorn founders (Oscar Pierre & Sacha Michaud of Glovo) and experienced investor (Adam Lasri, ex Atomico). The team has offices in Barcelona, Spain and Paris, France.
We invest €200-500k in early stage businesses across Europe, with a focus on Software, Marketplaces, Consumer and FinTech.
At Yellow, we believe in excellence, ambition but also flat hierarchy. While we push ourselves to achieve great results, we also want to enjoy the ride and have fun.
We are looking for an Analyst/Associate (depending on work experience) to join our Paris office and be part of a very ambitious investment team, where you will be responsible for driving investments into exceptional individuals.
Talent Investors come in many forms, but it’s important that through your education, work and/or side projects you have been exposed to tech and exceptionally talented people. You’ll likely have ~1-2 years of experience, with some exposure to entrepreneurship, tech, finance or consulting.
We expect this role to be fast-paced and entrepreneurial, with an opportunity for rapid evolution.
🎯 About the role:
- take an active part in calls and meetings with founders
- drive due diligence processes and critically evaluate management teams, market opportunities, as well as technical and (future) financial aspects of investment opportunities
- contribute to our investment decisions
- monitor different platforms to identify upcoming opportunities
- systematically and proactively identify potential investment opportunities
- drive the team collective thinking in technologies that you believe have the potential to be highly disruptive
- build relationships with entrepreneurs and co-investors and become a leading Yellow ambassador
- Help monitoring operating milestones in the investment portfolio as well as performance vs. expectations
- Identify and facilitate partnership opportunities between portfolio companies
- Support portfolio companies in strategic and operating matters on an ad-hoc basis
💫 About you:
- You are intellectually curious: Talent Investors have a deep and persistent desire to increase their knowledge of the world, constantly updating their knowledge and beliefs through self-directed learning
- You are analytical: Talent Investors realise that a startup success is highly dependent on market dynamics and want to unpack business model and future financial implications
- You have a passion for technology and startups: Talent Investors understand the dynamic in the industry and enjoys keeping themselves updated about all the latest developments
- You are a network builder: Talent Investors enjoy building, and immersing themselves within, networks of exceptional people. They can build meaningful relationships with founders and other investors; both at peer-level, and with individuals more senior to themselves
- Experience: 1-2 years previous work experience in the fields of Entrepreneurship, M&A, or Strategy Consulting
- Languages: fluent in English and French. Bonus if you speak Spanish or Italian
💎 What we offer:
- The unique opportunity to come early in a very ambitious project and join a lean horizontal team. Great opportunity to learn and grow to play an even bigger role in the near future
- A buzzing space in the centre of Paris, shared with multiple VCs and Tech founders
- The opportunity to travel to sunny Barcelona on a regular basis
- Attractive flexible schedule. We care about our team and enabling the right balance between home and working life
Yellow aims at championing diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment in which a wide variety of backgrounds thrive. We do not tolerate discrimination of any nature, including but not limited to: discriminating on the basis of race, colour, religion, culture, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.
Yellow is an early-stage fund investing in future European leaders, focused on France & southern Europe, started by active unicorn founders & experien...