Partner 34, Communications, Infrastructure & Security
Founded in Silicon Valley in 2009 by Marc Andreessen and Ben Horowitz, Andreessen Horowitz (known as "a16z") is a venture capital firm that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future through technology. We are stage agnostic: We invest in seed to venture to late-stage technology companies, across bio + healthcare, consumer, crypto, enterprise, fintech, games, and companies building toward American dynamism. a16z has $35B in assets under management across multiple funds.
We’ve established a team that is defined by respect for the entrepreneur and the company-building process; we know what it’s like to be in the founder’s shoes. We’ve invested in companies like Anduril, Databricks, dbt Labs, Figma, Fivetran, GitHub, Material Security, Okta, Orbit, Starburst, and Navan. Our team is at the forefront of new technology, helping founders and their companies impact and change the world.
The Infrastructure and Security Communications Partner will work with a growing marketing team to position the a16z infrastructure team as the leading voices in the infrastructure and security space. You’ll execute on informative and forward-looking campaigns that leverage brand marketing channels, including communications, content marketing, social media and events.
In this role, you’ll play a meaningful role in the lifecycle of our portfolio companies and prioritize offering timely, honest, and practical communications and brand support on a myriad of company milestones on every stage of the startup journey from pre-launch through exit.
This role is the best of both worlds for a growth-minded communications and brand professional, with the ability to coach and counsel, while still applying your operational skills in a high-impact environment.
We’re pro-future and pro-technology, and we’re seeking a highly competent and nimble communicator who is passionate about the opportunity for new technology to continue to drive innovation and positive change in the world.
To join our team, you should be excited to:
- Build and drive a communications plan for our infrastructure and security vertical by working with general partners on their brand platforms and key investment theses; inclusive of deploying these platforms at industry-leading events and through owned and third party content channels
- Have an impact. We’re a lean team and every role has a hand in strategic outcomes
- Be a team player: You’ll have the opportunity to partner with talented cross-functional partners across various marketing channels to bring big ideas to life
- Be a beacon and trusted advisor for dozens of portfolio companies - you will be the expert coach they’ll turn to on brand marketing, media strategy, issues management, internal communications, and more
- Maintain productive and positive relationships with media, builders, influencers and infrastructure and security enthusiasts to establish trust, surface key industry-shifting narratives and support our portfolio companies
- Build strong industry networks and secure high quality brand-building opportunities for partners to write, speak, and lead key conversations
- Collaborate with the marketing team on broader brand initiatives, including media dinners, portfolio workshops, and networking receptions
- Deep expertise and current and relevant knowledge on infrastructure, data, security and/or AI
- Minimum of 10 years experience executive, crisis, product, and/or policy communications in-house with a background in agency for enterprise technology companies
- Creative thinker who is able to grow our networks in novel ways
- Proven track record of crafting high-quality brand-building initiatives from scratch
- Ability to successfully lead cross-functional teams from idea through execution
- High EQ; able to persuade, influence, and build trust at the executive level
- Strong partnership skills - we are connectors at our core and find happiness in building trusted connections within the firm, within our portfolio, and with the industries in which we operate
- Direct experience with entrepreneurs and respect for the entrepreneurial struggle. The right candidate will have an eagerness to coach, counsel, and support entrepreneurs of all stages with both compassion and deep expertise
The anticipated salary range for this role is between $258,000-$301,000, actual starting pay may vary based on a range of factors which can include experience, skills, and scope.
This role is eligible to participate in the a16z Carry program and various discretionary bonus programs as well as benefit and perquisite plans including health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401K plan, vacation, and sick leave.
- We do only first class business and only in a first class way
- We take a long view of relationships, because we are in the relationship business
- We believe in the future and bet the firm that way
- We are all different, we recognize that, and we win
- We celebrate the good times
- We do it for the team
- We play to win
At a16z we are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. These differences are what enables us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our portfolio companies, and the World.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
Andreessen Horowitz hereby reserves the right to make use of any unsolicited resumes received from outside recruiting agencies and / or individual recruiters without being responsible for payment of any fees asserted from the use of unsolicited resumes.
Andreessen Horowitz (known as "a16z") is a venture capital firm in Silicon Valley, California, that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future throu...