Venture Capital Investment Analyst/Senior Analyst
Finchley Healthcare Ventures (FHCV) is a Canadian venture capital fund founded in 2022 specializing in investments within the rapidly evolving landscape of life sciences. With a passion for advancing healthcare and a keen focus on fostering innovation, FHCV is dedicated to supporting companies developing new and transformative medicines, as well as investing in other venture capital funds operating in the life sciences sector.
FHCV is looking for an exceptional candidate who wishes to pursue a career in venture capital and who has a strong scientific and analytical skills to evaluate new experimental therapies and their potential to have a significant impact on healthcare. FHCV's offices are located in Montreal, Canada, and the position is offered in hybrid mode.
Required qualifications and skills:
- PhD in Life Sciences, Pharm D, or MD degree
- Strong analytical acumen
- Organized, with strong written and oral communication skills in English
- A self-starter and able to work in a collaborative team
Preferred competencies and experiences:
- Possess strong Excel abilities, including those for financial modelling (e.g., market models, company-specific valuation, etc.).
- Preference will be given to candidates with prior non-academic work experience in consulting, venture capital, investment banking, or at a biotech or pharmaceutical company with significant exposure to drug development.
Roles and Responsibilities:
You will report to the executive managing director and participate to internal general operations. Specifically, you will:
- Support Finchely’s Investment Committee and internal operations
- Conduct database mining
- Supports investment due diligence
- Support primary industry diligence, including deal screening and review of scientific literature and gathering feedback from industry consultants, analysts, investors and experts from our affiliated companies.
- Participate in company due diligence meetings
- Search and compile information from industry databases (prescriptions, market estimates)
- Participate in portfolio management and deal sourcing.
- Aggregate and analyze relevant industry news flow
- Attend and report on scientific, medical, and investment conferences.
- Prepare and maintain critical reviews on key HCVF investment themes.
To apply, please submit a CV and Cover Letter to CentreRH@finchleyhcv.com
Finchley Healthcare Ventures promotes diversity in the workplace and believes diversity is a key component of its success.
Finchley Healthcare Ventures (FHCV) is a Canadian venture capital fund founded in 2022 specializing in investments within the rapidly evolving landsca...