Join our investment firm as an Operations Associate and contribute to our mission of supporting innovative entrepreneurs that are creating change and driving impact towards some of the world’s biggest challenges around climate. Apply now to be a part of our dynamic and fast-paced team.
About S2G Ventures
S2G Ventures, the direct investment team of Builders Vision, partners with entrepreneurs who are working on solutions to some of the world's greatest challenges across the food, agriculture, oceans, and clean energy markets. We provide capital, mentorship, and value-added resources to companies pursuing innovative market-based solutions that generate positive social, environmental, and financial returns. We provide our partners with flexible capital solutions that can range from seed and venture funding through growth equity to debt and infrastructure financing.
Builders Vision (BV) is an impact platform dedicated to promoting a humane and healthy planet. Builders Vision includes a range of philanthropic and impact investing capabilities to support, seed and scale sustainable agriculture, food systems, renewable energy, ocean health, animal welfare, and the arts. Today it encompasses a family foundation (Builders Initiative), a venture and growth equity group (S2G Ventures), and an asset management team (Builders Asset Management). We are guided collectively by the belief that markets can and should benefit society and the environment and that the most successful businesses in the future will be those that are purpose-driven.
Our vision is “a humane and healthy planet,” which we relentlessly pursue and advance through our mission, “shifting markets and minds for good.”
Diversity, equity, inclusion and justice are at the core of our mission to shift markets and minds for good. We believe the change we want to see toward a humane and healthy planet starts with us. We understand that diversity, equity, inclusion and justice are long-term commitments, and while we aspire to be a catalyst for change, our journey starts from within. We are committed to learning from others and doing the work to become a more diverse, equitable, inclusive and just organization, and will seek to promote those same values in the world around us. We know that a diverse workforce allows everyone to see problems in more nuanced ways, creating the thought leadership needed to achieve the organization’s mission. We actively seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome people from all experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
- We are seeking an Operations Associate to join our venture capital firm. As an Operations Associate, you will play a crucial role by supporting execution of firm strategy. You will work closely with firm leadership, including the Senior Managing Directors, to ensure seamless communication across the firm and with investors, while working on special projects and operations related to firm and LP priorities.
1. Operations Special Projects:
- Work with Senior team on special projects and research related to firm and investor priorities.
- Support implementation / execution of firm strategy, including project management of special projects and firm initiatives.
2. Investor Relations Strategy + Compliance:
- Contribute to the development and execution of the overall investor relations strategy to foster strong and long-term relationships with investors.
- Maintain a strong understanding of relevant legal and regulatory requirements related to investor relations activities; work with CFO to ensure adherence to compliance standards.
- Oversee the maintenance and organization of our investor relationship management system and database.
- Ensure accurate and up-to-date records of investor interactions and preferences.
3. Fundraising Support:
- Collaborate with senior team members in preparing marketing materials, pitch decks, and presentations for fundraising activities.
- Support the planning and execution of investor roadshows.
- Coordinate logistics and materials to ensure successful participation and engagement.
4. Investor Communication / Reporting:
- Maintain regular and clear communication with existing and potential investors.
- Provide updates on fund performance, portfolio companies, and market trends.
- Coordinate and produce quarterly and annual reports for investors.
- Gather and synthesize relevant financial and operational data from portfolio companies.
Please note this position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the candidate in this position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may evolve or change over time.
Qualifications required for your success
- 3+ years of experience in consulting, private equity, venture capital, investor relations, or finance.
- Strong passion for climate technology and sustainability initiatives.
- Proficiency in financial modeling, forecasting, and valuation techniques a plus.
- Excellent analytical skills, demonstrated attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- High level of integrity, ethics, and professionalism.
Personal attributes that support your success
- You are helpful, a team player, and show respect while collaborating with others
- You are results oriented and exercise sound judgment in your work
- A lifelong learner, who is inquisitive and solves problems with bold thinking and innovation
- You are dedicated to achieving excellence and work with others to tackle the tasks at hand
- A superior communicator who treats everyone with respect
- Unquestionable ethics and personal integrity
Note: This position is based in our Chicago office.
Builders Vision is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building and maintaining a culturally diverse workplace. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Investing in a humane and healthy planet. Backing and supporting trailblazing entrepreneurs.