We are looking for a highly talented and motivated full-time Finance Associate (m/f/d) to join our Visionaries Club team in Berlin. In this role, you will be part of a young and highly entrepreneurial European venture firm and support our finance & operations team in all aspects of our fund's financial and administrative activities, such as investor reporting, coordination of accounting and fund administration service providers, payments and cash management, and financial analysis of our portfolio companies. We value someone who is very driven, with a good sense of humor and last but not least: is just as motivated as we are in taking Visionaries Club to the next level.
Visionaries Club is backed by some of the world’s most successful founders and family business owners and is striving to invest in the next generation of Europe’s B2B unicorn founders. With Visionaries’ second fund generation, the fund manages client commitments of > €500m.
Your job responsibilities
- Become part of our finance & operations team: Support our CFO and Finance Managers in managing the Visionaries Club funds in the Seed and Early Growth stages.
- Operate the backbone of Visionaries Club:
- Assist the fund in all financial, legal, and administrative matters
- Coordinate our book-keeping, the preparation of financial statements and tax returns (with support of external service providers), and manage communication with relevant stakeholders
- Prepare our investor reporting (with external support)
- Conduct relevant risk analyses regarding our funds, investors, and portfolio companies and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Support the fundraising process and manage our investor CRM.
- Work at the intersection of the investment team: Support the structuring and closing of investment transactions.
- Interact with portfolio companies: Manage the process of our portfolio company reporting and support our portfolio companies in finance-related matters.
- Take Visionaries to the next level: Support strategic projects and live out your entrepreneurial spirit through your own creative initiatives.
- Expand your network: Manage investor relations with the support of our CFO and Founding Partners.
Please note that this role is not an investment team role, nor will it develop into one. That said, there are plenty of opportunities to advance within the finance & operations team and to shape the role.
- University qualifications in a relevant field with excellent grades
- 2 -4 years of experience, e.g. at a Big 4 accounting firm in the audit department, financial services company, fund administrator or the finance team of a private equity/venture capital firm
- Strong accounting knowledge, able to discuss confidently with accountants, tax advisors, fund administrators and auditors
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, Powerpoint, and Google tools
- You should take ownership and have a reliable, precise, and proactive working mode
- Ability to wear multiple hats and remain organized with keen attention to detail
- Fluent in German and English.
At Visionaries, we believe that our team is our greatest asset, and we strive to provide a work environment that is both challenging and rewarding. Our team is comprised of highly motivated and entrepreneurial individuals who are passionate about Venture Capital, Technology and Entrepreneurship. You will receive a competitive salary package while growing your career in this fast-paced and unique work environment.
About Visionaries Club
Visionaries Club is a VC fund backed by leading entrepreneurs and family businesses investing in Seed and Early Growth stage companies with a particular focus on the next big disruptors in B2B. Find more information here: www.visionaries.vc
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
You can either apply below or reach out to a “Visionary” close to you to get in touch with someone from the team!
Visionaries Club is a Berlin-based VC fund backed by leading digital founders and family business entrepreneurs.