We are icebreaker.vc, a fast-growing pre-seed venture capital fund, investing €150-800k in world-class domain experts building global companies. We have over 100 portfolio companies across our two funds, many of whom are changing the world for the better. Our two funds have a combined €140M in AUM and we focus on bridging pre-seed gap in Sweden, Finland, and Estonia.
Icebreaker was founded on the idea that the earliest stages are where investors can help the most and entrepreneurs need it the most. We aim to back domain experts, who intimately know the problems they are solving, and have the ambition to do so on a global scale. We take companies from zero to one, from pre-seed to seed, from good to great. Icebreaker is obsessively active in all of our companies, helping with the nitty gritty as well as high-level strategics.
Icebreaker.vc is known for organizing epic events. The goal is to create more and stronger companies through establishing new connections and spreading ideas and learnings. Not to mention offering our network memorable and fun experiences. The connections built at our events have often led to key recruitments, key learnings and even brand new companies.
Working at Icebreaker.vc
- We give the freedom to work wherever, whenever.
- We have a hunger to win.
- We trust, and give everyone full-autonomy.
- We are always learning, challenging, and teaching each other to become the best investors and supporters.
We are now seeking an experienced Event Manager to plan and organize events for our portfolio founders and network. The successful candidate will be responsible for crafting engaging events and taking ownership of Icebreaker.vc events. We are looking for someone who can bring their own great ideas to make our events even more successful. The position will involve organizing events in Helsinki, Tallinn, and Stockholm.
In this role you’ll:
- Plan and organize events for Icebreaker.vc portfolio founders and network
- Take ownership of the smooth running of events, including logistics, coordination and hosting
- Bring new ideas to improve the quality and impact of events
- Collaborate with the Icebreaker.vc team to execute events successfully
- Being the key touchpoint for our community
What we need to see:
- Proven experience in event planning and management
- Ability to think creatively and bring new ideas to the table
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and presentation skills
- Experience in working in the venture capital or startup industry is a plus
- Fluency in English and fluency in Finnish, Estonian or Swedish is a plus
At icebreaker, you can work with people at the top of their game, who didn’t get here by sheer luck. You can help us change pre-seed, fund the companies that will change the world, and have a blast in the meantime.
We’re born remote-first. Transparent. Caring. Empowering. So our benefits are too.
- Work from anywhere within 4 hours of Finland.
- Swap 2D for 3D. Meet the team IRL at amazing offsites every quarter.
- Diversity is at our core. We’re part Swedish. Part Finnish. Part British. Part Nigerian. You get the idea.
- Get an “in” to the fast-paced, and wonderful world of venture capital.
- Excellent healthcare benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Get sick? No stress. Feel better with unlimited paid sick leave.
- Vacation days. At least 30 per year as standard - but we don’t care if you take more, as long as you get your work done!
- Forget nine to five, at icebreaker working hours are flexible.
If you are passionate about event planning and community building and are excited about technology startups we would love to hear from you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Icebreaker.vc is a venture capital firm on a mission to help build strong tech companies.