VC Scout & Ecosystem Manager - France
Antler is a global early-stage venture capital firm that invests in the defining technology companies of tomorrow. Antler is on a mission to fundamentally improve the world by identifying, investing in and challenging the world’s most exceptional people to build groundbreaking technology companies.
We believe anyone with the right grit, spike, drive, and ambition can change the world. Antler is present in most major startup ecosystems across five continents, including New York, Toronto, London, Berlin, Bangalore, Singapore, Jakarta, Ho Chi Minh, and Sydney. Since launching in 2017, we have invested in over 400 companies across the world, and our portfolio represents over 30 different industries, such as healthtech, proptech, deeptech and fintech.
The aspiration for Antler is to be the world’s leading early-stage VC and a value-adding partner for exceptional founders from pre-idea to IPO.
We are looking for a VC Scout & Ecosystem Manager - France for our operations in France. The role is pivotal for our success, both in the region and globally, as finding high-quality founders is one of the most critical elements in our business as a Venture Capital fund. This role allows you to take personal responsibility for the leadership of our team and fund, which will have an incredible impact on founders' lives and the global innovation ecosystem.
We are looking for a person with a very high level of business acumen to identify and attract the right talents to our startup generation program. We expect to have 3000 founder applicants a year. You will be the front line with working with the applicant on why they want to be founders, listening to and understanding the problem they want to solve, reviewing their business ideas, market size and why they want to be founders.
You must be able to communicate and convince founders that Antler is the best place to start their companies, as the best founders we aim to find will have many other options.
If you’re up for the challenge, we can promise an incredible experience, and an unparalleled opportunity to work with highly motivated individuals, accomplished entrepreneurs and the founders of future startup successes.
- Passionately drive & strategise the end-to-end sourcing of the 120+ founders that will create 15-30 great companies originating from our cohorts across France every year,
- Plan regional sourcing strategies of high-quality founders, including defining who we are looking for, where they are located and how we reach them with our value proposition,
- Work closely with the Partnership and PR teams to execute a targeted marketing strategy and offer the best founder experience,
- Hiring and managing a team of scouts & associates who will support you in all scouting efforts,
- Become an expert position & market knowledge on where top entrepreneurs emerge from,
- Support our portfolio founders on talent-related strategic discussions (first hires, company culture, outstanding candidates you may identify),
- Provide support to the founders joining Antler, ensure a flawless onboarding process, and act as coach / advisor for several of the companies that emerge,
- Be a powerful brand ambassador for Antler.
- Recent founder / C-Level tech experience or high-growth tech startup environment is a must.
- Business acumen - understand business concepts. You will be reviewing hundreds of ideas, decks and companies.
- Demonstrated interest in sourcing & evaluating founders and delivering a great candidate experience.
- Network within the French tech and start-up community.
- Experience working in high growth technology companies.
- Independent and proactive with a very positive attitude.
- Results-oriented and outstanding personal commitment.
- A personality that founders want to work with.
- Comfortable with quick changes, tight deadlines, moving targets and ambiguity.
- Highly collaborative approach and influencing skills.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Passion for entrepreneurship and a belief that the world needs more change-makers and innovators.
What we offer
- Opportunity to find and nurture the best entrepreneurs that will generate many of the leading companies of the future.
- Opportunity to build and work with highly qualified and fun teams.
- Opportunity to participate in the early shaping and vision of the next generation of disruptive tech companies in France.
- Competitive remuneration.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Where exceptional people build incredible companies.