Associate - Investments and Legal Support
We have a new opening for an Associate (Investments & Legal Support) to join our 500 Korea team. This candidate will work alongside our 500 Korea team to support 500 Korea’s funds and investments.
Reporting to 500 Korea’s fund partner, you will work on a variety of legal and regulatory matters, and also interact heavily with founders and co-investors of 500 Korea’s portfolio companies.
We work at an incredible pace so you will need to be a self-starter with excellent EQ, strong time management skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work under pressure in a fast paced and constantly changing environment. We are looking for people who apply deep logic to their thinking and highly organised who are able to efficiently multi-task and see all projects from start to finish in a timely manner.
Candidates should be willing to work on a wide variety of legal and operational matters supporting our 500 Korea funds and portfolio companies, including:
- Funds - support the 500Legal team with fund and investor closings for new funds, including the review of fund materials and newsletters.
- Regulatory - managing periodic fund and fund management related regulatory filings in Korea.
- Deals and Investments - assisting with high level review of early-stage investment documents, managing deals processes, preparing documents for signature, addressing routing portfolio company requests (annual general meeting notices, stockholder consents and KYC requests)
- Assist in drafting Investment Memos and commercial due diligence reports
- Manage the deal lifecycle from deal handshake to completion across various stakeholders and workflows, ensuring timely, precise and accurate closure of all investments for the fund.
- Work closely with external legal counsels across multiple jurisdictions for specific transactions.
- Collaborate closely with founders, co-investors, external counsel and internal cross-functional stakeholders to develop and implement processes for efficient and streamlined legal operations and deal efficiencies.
- Support the commercial due diligence process and operational metrics assessments, competitive analysis, product and technology evaluation, and reference calls.
- Drive portfolio management post-closing – including leading shareholder voting matters, ensuring data and documentation repositories are up to date and accurate at all times.
- Review, track and manage implementation and enforcement of contractual obligations.
- Supporting legal operation matters which may include ad hoc legal projects, as required.
Applicants authorized to work in Korea are welcome to apply.
- Strong professional proficiency in English and Korean is mandatory.
- 3-5 years of experience in a regional or international law firm practising funds and M&A/corporate transactions, with experience supporting Korean VC funds and supporting emerging startup companies. Also open to more experienced candidates who are looking for a more flexible, yet challenging, business-oriented role with significant exposure to VC and deals.
- Minimum Second Upper Law degree (LLB) or equivalent, from a reputable university.
- Meticulous and well-organised, has commercial awareness, a sense of ownership and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to efficiently multi-task across multiple deals and workflows and work calmly under tight deadlines and across time zone.
- Excellent communicator with great interpersonal skills.
- Passionate about tech and venture capital.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
500 Global is a venture capital firm with more than $2.7 billion¹ in assets under management that invests early in founders building fast-growing tech...