Senior Associate, Investor Relations
We are an institutional impact investment firm dedicated to building the impact ecosystem since 2012. We invest in funds and companies across stages from seed to buyout, and always seek alignment between superior financial returns and measurable positive impact on economic opportunity, environmental sustainability, or health equity. This approach puts us at the center of the private market impact investing ecosystem, giving us unique access to differentiated deal flow and comprehensive insights.
We are a different type of asset manager. We don’t seek to benefit at the cost of others, but rather, we do well when our partners succeed, and we believe this approach leads to better results for everyone. We are building our firm to be on the vanguard of the next generation of asset management, which we believe will look like us. We are proudly women-owned and led with a highly diverse team, which has led to better decision-making and a much more diverse underlying portfolio than the industry. Firm values include authenticity, excellence, humility, resourcefulness, camaraderie, inclusivity, optimism, and determination.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our investors are critical to our success and to the success of the impact investing industry at-large. We treat them as partners and seek to support their efforts to move more capital in alignment with their values. The Senior Associate, Investor Relations will work directly with the CEO to ensure all investors and potential investors get the information and engagement they need to advance their impact investing goals.
The areas of responsibilities will include but are not limited to: creating and updating fundraising materials, ensuring fundraising follow-ups, organizing and managing investor or fundraising events, overseeing regular investor reporting, and adding strategic input to web site, social media, PR, and other communications.
Given the firm’s entrepreneurial culture, the ideal candidate is a self-starter that thrives in an independent yet collaborative work environment. You have to love what we do and the different kind of asset management firm we are building. You will report to and work closely with the CEO. We prefer that you be based in Chicago, but are open to other locations for the right candidate.
- 3+ years of investor relations experience, preferably in PE/VC
- Strong written and verbal communications, and interpersonal communication skills (must be able to build and maintain relationships with investors)
- Passionate about impact investing, preferably with experience in the field
- Entrepreneurial spirit, comfortable taking on new projects with little direction and collaborating with other team members
- Detail-oriented, high work standards, and self-starter
- Prepared to start in Q1
Impact Engine embraces diversity and prioritizes building a team with varied work and life experiences and identities.
- Tight knit, mission-driven team
- Flexible working conditions: We are currently hybrid office (in Chicago) and remote, and have an unlimited PTO policy
- Benefits including parental leave, medical, dental, and vision insurance and 401(k)
- Opportunity to help us scale an impactful investment firm and community
Please send a resume to email@example.com and include “Senior Associate, Investor Relations” in the subject line. Include your thoughts on why this is the right role and firm for you. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We invest to optimize both financial and social returns. Impact engine is a women-owned and led, chicago-based venture capital and private equity firm...