VC Investment Manager
Norrsken VC is one of Europe’s leading and largest impact focused early-stage VC funds. Based in Stockholm, we have backed some of Europe’s most innovative and ambitious founders tackling the world’s biggest problems in line with the ‘17 UN Sustainable Development Goals’. Past investments include companies such as Northvolt, Einride and Heart Aerospace.
We are a close-knit team that is united by one simple question: “Where do we find the next impact unicorn?”. We are now looking for an Investment Manager to join the team.
You will have an immediate responsibility and be part of the whole journey - from deciding which opportunities are worth pursuing to supporting companies in our portfolio.
Our dream candidate will have a mix of skills: (i) experience in investing (such as private equity or venture capital) or management consulting, and (ii) hands on start-up experience; having been part of a fast growing tech company or maybe you are a tech startup founder who raised venture capital funding and knows this world from the inside.
This is a unique opportunity to join an entrepreneurial fund which invests in some of the most exciting companies in Europe and makes a demonstrable impact. The fund is an independent vehicle with fully commercial returns targets. It was incubated by (and continues to be linked to) the Norrsken Foundation – one of the largest Impact platforms globally.
We are a small team in an exceptionally flat structure, so every hire has an exponential impact on every result we produce. As a team, a commitment to diversity has been one of our founding principles and this is reflected in our 50/50 gender split across all levels.
Examples of areas of responsibility:
- Independently source and identify new investments, trends and opportunities
- As part of a deal team you will evaluate investment opportunities by analysing their impact, business plan, market and industry trends
- Support entrepreneurs and manage portfolio company reporting and oversight
- Represent Norrsken VC at public events and contribute to strengthening the Norrsken VC brand
You are a good fit if you:
- Want to make the world a better place, and believe entrepreneurship and business models are great driving forces for this
- You are dynamic and enjoy working in an entrepreneur setting
- Are positive and contribute to a vibrant and driven team culture
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and can demonstrate an ability to take ownership of tasks from start to finish
- Love numbers and data
- Fluent communication skills in English
- Have a degree from a top tier university
- Have 5-10 years of work experience of which (at least) parts in either investment banking, management consulting, venture capital or private equity. Experience from working in a start-up/scale up is a plus.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we review applications on a rolling basis. The role is Stockholm-based with opportunity to work from home/remotely a couple of days per week.
Norrsken wishes to attract, recruit and retain a diverse, inclusive and creative workforce to give us the best opportunity to meet the diverse needs of our members and guests. We actively encourage applications from all groups and communities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We are a VC fund investing in start-ups solving the world's biggest problems while building massive businesses.