Vice President: Growth Products & Services
Founded in 1984, Summit Partners is a global alternative investment firm that is currently managing more than $35 billion. Summit invests across growth sectors of the economy and has invested in more than 500 companies in e-commerce, technology, healthcare, and other growth industries. These companies have completed more than 160 public equity offerings, and more than 200 have been acquired through strategic mergers and sales. For more information about the firm, please see www.summitpartners.com, and for more information on what it’s like to work at Summit, please see https://life.summitpartners.com/.
What you’ll do
Summit seeks to recruit a Vice President to its Growth Products and Services (GPS) team in its Boston office. The Vice President will work closely with a highly collaborative GPS team that focuses on $75-$300M growth equity investments in rapidly growing, capital efficient companies. The GPS team focuses on a broad range of industries including financial services, consumer, business services, industrial technology, and education.
Our new Vice President will lead thematic sector research, investment origination and diligence processes and will spend significant time with portfolio company management teams. This person will additionally attend portfolio company board meetings as an observer and potentially as a Director. This critical addition to the team will play a central role in furthering Summit’s reputation as one of the leading growth investors in the world.
The Vice President’s responsibilities include:
- Participating in all areas of the deal process, including thematic ideation, sourcing, execution, and portfolio management
- Leading pre-deal execution and diligence workflows
- Managing and coaching Analysts / Associates on the team and acting as a leader within Summit
- Developing theses, mapping relevant industry sectors, and establishing industry relationships to generate new deal flow
- Helping to inform portfolio company strategy, identifying opportunities, and implementing solutions for operational improvement
- Helping Summit make sound investment decisions, providing outstanding service levels to portfolio companies and co-workers and delivering outsized returns to the firm’s Limited Partners
What you’re like
- Have 3+ years of relevant investing experience, ideally with experience in the sectors where GPS focuses (financial services, consumer, business services, industrial technology, and education)
- Feels comfortable working independently and in collaboration with colleagues, entrepreneurs, and third-party advisors
- Strong work ethic and ability to flex up or down on team as needed
- Critical thinker and problem solver; strong analytical skills, but comfortable making decisions with imperfect information
- Excellent writer
- Dedicated leader and coach, able to motivate and develop a junior team
- Strong interpersonal skills - engaging personality, ability to persuade, confident but humble; perceptive about people, enjoys the company of entrepreneurs
- Excellent business judgment, and comfortable working closely with and presenting to the most senior executives
- Comfortable with a highly unpredictable and dynamic schedule, including, at times, significant travel
At Summit we believe the ingredients of a great investor are similar to those of a great entrepreneur. Both require passion and drive, a voracious appetite to learn, insatiable curiosity, a genuine interest in business, technology and how companies work and, perhaps most importantly, a resilience and relentless optimism that the next great company is right around the corner. We value diversity in all forms and work to create an inclusive and open culture where the best ideas win. We look for leaders who are humble, hungry, and strong team players and who like to have fun.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We provide investment capital to exceptional entrepreneurs.