Ventures Analyst | Taiwan
Plug and Play is a global innovation platform and venture capital firm. Our mission is to make innovation open to anyone, anywhere. Each year, hundreds of entrepreneurs join our vertical-specific accelerator programs to team up with our corporate members or receive a direct investment from Plug and Play. Plug and Play has over 45 locations across the world and our corporate members include: The Alliance to End Plastic Waste, USAA, Visa, Nationwide, Aflac, Daimler, Ford, Nissan, BP, Johnson & Johnson, Roche, Pfizer, Walmart, Coca Cola, Adidas, and over 500 more. Plug and Play’s corporate members utilize Plug and Play to identify the best startups to meet their challenges. Plug and Play’s proven investment track record includes Honey, Guardant Health, ApplyBoard, BigID, Kustomer, Rappi, Flutterwave, Hippo, PayPal, Lending Club, Dropbox, and many more.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology and entrepreneurship and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively seeking a Ventures Analyst to champion the Plug and Play business model and drive portfolio growth in Taiwan. An ideal candidate has a passion for understanding how startups scale and is driven to take an active role in building out our ecosystem and investment portfolio.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
Sourcing New Startups
- Source startups for the respective vertical program
- Attend calls or meetings with relevant companies
- Build and maintain strong relationships with local VCs, universities, corporations, etc.
- Actively network with startup founders at industry events and conferences
Ventures’ Program Management
- Schedule and facilitate deal flow meetings between startups and corporate partners
- Curate startup lists for corporate partners based on their technology interests
- Maintain relationships with industry partners
- Working closely to support Investment Partners on the full lifecycle of making investments: conducting diligence, making investment recommendations, and helping the portfolio
- Develop investment thesis regarding emerging trends and frontiers within insurtech through deep research and market mapping
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or a technical field relating to engineering or computer science.
- Knowledge of cap tables, startup financing, and growth metrics
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate with C-Suite executives, and VC Partners; adept at public speaking
- Advanced problem-solving skills and the ability to think strategically, analytically, and creatively
- Demonstrated ability to build trusted relationships with colleagues, prospects, and industry contacts
- Self-motivated and driven; proven to work independently, prioritize work, and achieve results
- Collaborative, diplomatic, and can cross-functionally partner with stakeholders across multiple offices
- Experience in/comfort with a role with a degree of ambiguity, requiring proactive analysis and action
- A passion for early-stage venture capital, startups, and entrepreneurship with a good understanding of emerging technologies
WHAT WE OFFER
- Be part of Plug & Play - the biggest and fastest growing startup innovation platform globally with locations worldwide such as Silicon Valley, Paris, Amsterdam, Munich, Berlin, Singapore, China, and Japan
- Be at the forefront of innovation and get access to groundbreaking technologies
- Be part of a dynamic, international, and open-minded team
- Get access to and communicate with leading international financial executives, startups, and investors
- You will work closely with our corporate partners daily and grow your network
- Work in a vibrant and unique working environment
- Various opportunities for your career development at our 45 locations worldwide
- Contribute and realize your own ideas and have room for self-development
*All applications must be submitted in English
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Plug and Play Tech Center
The ultimate innovation platform: we connect the world's best startups to industry-leading corporations. ✨