Chief of Staff
We are looking for a standout communicator who is impeccably organized, comfortable with high stakes process management, and thrives in a high-speed environment. This person will work closely with our CEO and Executive Team to drive their impact through executing efficiently on leadership priorities, driving cross-functional collaboration, distilling and sharing appropriate information and managing internal communication processes across our business. Additionally, this person will lead and manage internal communications on people and culture matters in conjunction with our CPO.
The successful candidate joins us from a leading consulting firm or a current position as Chief of Staff, is an experienced project manager who is passionate about stakeholder alignment and the type of work we are doing at Generate and looking to apply their experience in scaling a growing, sustainable business. Experience with infrastructure investing, strategy, internal communications, and/or Registered Investment Advisors strongly preferred.
After a period of approximately two years, the Chief of Staff can transition into another role within Generate.
What you will be doing at Generate Capital as the Chief of Staff:
Supporting the CEO
- Support CEO with agenda-setting and preparation of Generate’s Board of Director meetings.
- Transpose voice of the CEO to internal communications (in All Hands, internal emails, newsletters)
- Maintain strategy and governance materials in partnership with CEO
Driving Generate management systems and information flows
- Collaborate closely with Executive Team members to prepare and prioritize topics for collective decision-making
- Facilitate Executive Team meetings and drive follow up process.
- Partner with COO on tracking of key cross functional priorities and Executive Team performance metrics.
- Collaborate with Executive Team members on appropriate messaging and timing of critical updates to CEO, peers and broader organization.
- Collect, synthesize and share critical biweekly updates from across the business for CEO and Executive Team to stay informed and operate effectively
- Support COO with integration of acquired companies
Leading internal communications
- Manage our internal contribution platform(s) and serve as Editor-in-Chief of internal communications. This includes, but is not limited to, monthly internal newsletters to maintain “One Generate” across 4 offices and inform Generators of key events, organization milestones, announcements and other important information
- Collaborate with CEO and other senior leaders to determine appropriate messaging and form across internal communications channels. Manage internal and executive communications to execute against our people engagement strategy
- Partner directly with Generate’s senior leadership team to map out the organization’s internal communications pathways and processes. Collaborate with SLT to develop their communication priorities, internal speaking engagements, and change management initiatives.
- Work with stakeholders across the organization to understand the unique needs of investing, asset operations, and business teams (goals, products, tools, process) in order to produce effective and relevant communication strategies (both internally and reflected in external communications)
- Collaborate closely with People and Culture Team to best scale communications initiatives, programs and projects to engage our people as we continue to grow the business, increase a sense of belonging and ensure high performance.
- Provide proactive and reactive messaging that supports key initiatives and program rollouts.
- Coach leaders on the right forum, timing and content for engaging teams; coordinating with cross-functional teams to implement consistent messaging across the organization
- Actively identify gaps in internal communications and develop engaging ways to address those gaps
- Implement data measurement and analysis strategies to guide communications best practices.
- Provide support on various external communications deliverables including award applications, press releases and thought leadership
 Consisting of the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Chief People Officer, Global Chief Investment Officer and Chief Investment Officer of Infrastructure
Generate’s compensation packages are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Salary decisions take into account a wide variety of factors including, but not limited to: skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, geographic location, and other business and organizational needs. A reasonable estimate of the base salary range for this role is $175,700 - $301,200. In addition, the compensation package may include a discretionary bonus and other benefits, including health care benefits, retirement benefits, benefits permitting paid days off (including sick leave, parental leave, and paid time off or vacation benefits), and other benefits that must be reported for federal tax purposes. It is not typical for an individual to be hired at the top of this range.
Generate Capital is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Generate Capital is a leading investment and operating platform for sustainable infrastructure.