Human Capital is a venture firm for builders. We believe ambitious builders turn great ideas into great companies. We invest in founders, teams, and startups that share this mindset.
In the last 6 years, that mantra has led us to invest in 15 companies before they became unicorns, including Snowflake, Anduril, Livongo, and Brex (where we wrote the first check). We have over $1.3B in total capital committed and we've built a community of over 5,000 incredible, driven, ambitious builders.
Now we’re looking for Talent Principals to help build our next chapter.
We have a unique vantage point at Human Capital - working with founders, investors, and engineers alike. You’ll work with our portfolio companies on everything from designing their talent roadmaps and managing candidate pipelines, to acting as a talent therapist–diagnosing why candidates drop off at a certain stages in the process.
This role is for those who rebuke monotony and crave the unknown, in order to build relationships and companies from the ground up.
- Embed yourself with each engagement, becoming an expert in the company.
- Design and implement strategy and processes that respond to each companies’ unique talent needs.
- Partner with our Operating Partners, who coach founders on their talent philosophy and systems.
We expect you to have done *some* of these things, but it’s not required that you’ve done all of them.
- At least 2 years of experience working on talent teams.
- Extensive experience in the tech and/or Silicon Valley ecosystem.
- Experience partnering closely with founders and heads of talent to build recruiting functions from 0 to 1, and from 1-10.
- You’ve built systems and processes that last.
- You’ve worked in a startup environment, and led teams through rapid growth.
- You love getting in the weeds: Scheduling interviews, hiring coordinators, building templates; no job is too small because you know it’s all important.
- You think long term: You like to move fast and GSD, but you also put care and attention into building things that you know will last.
- You’re a mentor at heart: You enjoy coaching and guiding leaders through tough decisions, and are excited to not only advise but truly coach founders and heads of talent at our portfolio companies.
- You love tech: You’re genuinely passionate and interested in what our portfolio companies are building, and have the technical exposure to really understand what makes a tech startup unique and impressive.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A venture firm for builders. We believe ambitious builders turn great ideas into great companies. We invest in founders, teams, and startups that shar...