We’re growing our Product function at Balderton, and are looking for the first hire to report into our Head of Product. Product in a venture capital fund is an exciting place to be, and this role is very different to a traditional product analyst role. We’re building products, processes and shortcuts to give our internal teams superpowers. Whether that means creating things ourselves, buying best-in-class tech or going into scrappy start-up mode to launch a quick MVP. We aren’t afraid of getting our hands dirty to get the job done, and make the impossible possible.
Your day to day could include:
- Owning analysis to solve one-off questions and requests from internal teams, often involving some data extraction, cleaning and analysis
- Identifying when one-off questions are repeated, and hacking together simple workflows to automate these manual processes, using no-code tools or writing a simple script
- Structuring and building queries and reports using SQL or Python, to provide information proactively to internal teams
- Identify new candidate signals that could inform Dealflow, and analyse the value case for integrating them into our stack
- Supporting the analysis, design, build and testing of internal products
- Designing processes, onboarding and migration solutions to support the use of our internal product and data stack
- Troubleshooting and debugging product errors, helping to maintain our product and data stack
- You’re highly numerically-minded and analytical, with a degree in a STEM subject
- You have at least 2 years of experience working in product, consulting, finance or data & analytics
- It’s a bonus if you have an understanding of VC/PE & finance
- You have experience working with data, and are very proficient coding in Python and writing SQL queries. Other languages are a bonus, experience using BigQuery or Looker is preferable
- You’re comfortable structuring broad and unstructured problems, logically sorting information and using a first principle approach
- You’re able to clean, transform and manipulate large datasets to answer business problems
- Your attention to detail is excellent, and you aren’t afraid to get into the weeds of a problem. You enjoy working on knotty and interesting projects, and relish a challenge.
We invest in European founders with global ambitions.