Brand & Communications Manager
We are Atlantic Labs, a pan-European pre-seed venture capital fund, headquartered in Berlin. Our mission is to back exceptional, mission-driven founders committed to making an impact. With our team of experienced investors, operators, and our industry network, we support founders along their entire entrepreneurial journey.
Atlantic Labs has developed a thesis-driven investment approach with focus areas including climate, digital health, future of work, AI & data, mobility & logistics, industrial automation, fintech, and proptech. Founded by Christophe F. Maire in 2013, Atlantic Labs has acted as a lead investor in 100+ companies, backing some of the most seminal fast-growing European tech companies including Choco, SoundCloud, GetYourGuide, Omio, Zenjob, Vimcar, Wandelbots, and Gorillas.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As our Manager for PR, Comms & Brand (gn) based out of our Berlin HQ, you will be in charge of strengthening and developing the Atlantic Labs brand as well as promoting our portfolio companies and founding teams. Your daily responsibilities will include driving brand engagement across Europe's startup ecosystem, with a focus on building meaningful relationships with start-up founders, co-investors, and limited partners. We are looking for someone with a passion for communications and media relations, as well as a deep understanding of the European tech industry and venture capital space. You will be reporting to our Partners Christophe and Marc and enjoy a high degree of autonomy and creative freedom.
- Develop and execute innovative Public Relations and Communications strategies to effectively build the brand and reach of Atlantic Labs and its portfolio companies across Europe.
- Manage relationships with media outlets, journalists, influencers, and key stakeholders in the European startup ecosystem to drive positive coverage and reputation
- Act as the primary communication point for inquiries and interview requests. Monitor press coverage and identify opportunities to enhance Atlantic Labs' exposure
- Drive engagement and followership in our most relevant audiences and channels, all the way from idea to execution
- Foster online and offline exposure through creative initiatives such as your own exciting event formats and bringing us onstage at international conferences. Work closely with the investment team to develop new topic areas and innovative content.
- Develop and maintain marketing collateral such as company brand profiles, fact sheets, investor decks, and other key materials and support our speaking engagements
- Collaborate with portfolio companies to refine their messaging and create communication and PR materials that resonate with their target audience
- Foster stakeholder engagement from LPs, startup founders, and sought-after talent across Europe
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Relevant experience in PR, communications, and marketing, ideally in the startup and venture capital space, enabling you to independently own projects end-to-end
- A proven track record of developing and executing effective PR and communication strategies from start to finish
- Experience in creating impactful brand campaigns and high-quality content for a variety of communication channels
- Experience in creative online and offline initiatives, hybrid event formats, and (co-) hosting bigger events
- Experience in steering external parties such as content and design agencies
- Savviness in the most common design tools and software
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills
- Independent problem-solving with a proactive, can-do attitude
- Knowledge and interest in the European startup and venture capital ecosystem
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, media, journalism, or a related field or equally qualifying work experience
Come join us at Atlantic Labs and help us amplify our voice in the European startup ecosystem!
Backing mission-driven founders.