2024 Investment Analyst, Secondary Investments
Adams Street Partners is a global private markets investment manager that has $55 billion in assets under management. The firm is 100% employee-owned, which fosters a positive and unique culture of collaboration, intellectual rigor, integrity, and a commitment to professional development. For the fifth year in a row, Adams Street was named one of Pension & Investments’ Best Places to Work in Money Management in 2022.
Employees operate as a single global team, integrating the expertise of the firm’s investment professionals across five strategies: primary investments, secondary investments, growth equity, private credit, and co-investments. Adams Street is considered a private markets pioneer and was inducted into the Private Equity Hall of Fame in 2000.
The firm was founded more than 50 years ago, and clients include leading public and corporate pension plans, foundations, endowments, insurance companies, registered investment advisors, and high net worth individuals worldwide.
Adams Street has offices in Austin, Beijing, Boston, Chicago, London, Munich, Menlo Park, New York, Seoul, Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo.
About the Secondary Investment Team
Adams Street’s secondary investment team consists of 16 professionals globally. To date, Adams Street has closed on over 270 secondary transactions, ranging from traditional acquisitions of limited partnership interests from other private equity fund investors to more complex, structured acquisitions of portfolios of direct company interests and creative liquidity solutions to fund managers.
It manages over $9 billion, currently investing its seventh dedicated secondary fund as well as capital from multiple other Adams Street funds of funds and separately managed accounts. The team’s leveraging of the firm’s unique knowledge base and relationships across private markets and its disciplined and balanced approach to investing have generated exceptional long-term returns that have outperformed private equity industry benchmarks on a consistent basis
The Secondary team is actively seeking an Analyst to function as an integral member of the team with responsibilities including investment evaluation, portfolio monitoring, general team support, and various ad hoc / administrative projects. The position offers exposure to the full array of private markets subclasses, including venture capital, buyout, mezzanine/subordinated debt, restructuring/distressed debt, and special situation funds across all industries and in both developed and emerging markets. This is an ideal position for a candidate seeking broad private equity exposure. The role will be based in our Chicago office and individual responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the investment execution process
- Market, fund, and company research and data/trend analyses
- Participation in due diligence calls with GPs, management, and sellers
- Financial analysis (cash flow modeling, ad hoc investment analyses)
- Investment committee material creation
- Market, fund, and company research to inform future investment themes
- Conducting secondary market research and landscaping
- Developing and maintaining proprietary deal and market intelligence
- Data analytics projects to enhance deal monitoring metrics, real-time portfolio construction, market valuation statistics, and more
- Supporting fundraising activities and external marketing material creation and maintenance
We seek an individual who is self-disciplined, demonstrates creative thinking and has the following characteristics:
- Excellent academic credentials (undergraduate school and GPA)
- History of relevant work experience, schoolwork, and/or extracurricular activity in the private equity, investment banking, investment management, valuations, or M&A
- Strong excel proficiency required, with prior financial modeling experience preferred
- Excellent technical foundations in corporate finance and accounting
- Strong analytical, organizational, and writing skills
- Professional presence combined with relationship and communication skills to interact effectively with internal and external parties
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently within a team context
We are currently seeking an Analyst for a summer 2024 start.
A global leader in private markets.