Venture Capital Analyst 2024
1. The Opportunity
- Duration: 3-6 months, anytime between Dec 2023 - June 2024.
- Please specify your planned start and end dates upon application.
2. Best suit Candidates with the Following Goals
- Starting your own company in SE Asia.
- Joining a SE Asia-based digital company.
- Becoming an investment professional in VC and PE
3. What You Will Learn
- Exposure to the venture capital industry in Southeast Asia, as well as to startups and how sectors digitise.
- How to organise and analyse transactions and investment cases in a VC firm.
- How to source and evaluate investment deals.
- The selected intern will be partnered with a mentor and have the opportunity to work across multiple functions of interest throughout the internship program.
4. Job Description
Core Function (75%)
- Market Intelligence and data analysis: (30%): Hunting, organising, and evaluating investment deals data for Southeast Asia digital companies
- Deal Analysis (35%): Supporting the firm’s investment team with deal sourcing, analysis of incoming deals, and deals research for potential investment.
- General Market research (10%): Support team members on market research and data gathering.
Additional Function (25%)
- Case Research: Conduct a deep dive investigation into a specific digital sector or value chain relevant to Cento’s investment thesis and identify potential investment themes.
- Other Participation: An opportunity to voluntarily work with team members on ongoing projects across multiple functions.
5. Internship Culture
- Flat-organisation - Everyone tasks ownership of their project and coordinates with a minimal hierarchy
- Self-driven - The intern will work independently on the project he/she is responsible for and is expected to lead the coordination necessary to accomplish the related tasks.
- Resourcefulness - The interns will have access to all team members, resources, and aggregated knowledge, but how much learning each intern achieves is dependent on his/her resourcefulness.
- Analytical - Data-backed discussion and debate are encouraged.
- Detail Oriented - The interns shall be responsible for the details of the project he/she pursue.
6. Candidate Preference
- We provide internship tracks for both:
- Graduates with working experience
- Have prior experience working/internship experiences related to Venture capital or technology companies.
- Can participate in a 3-6 months internship program.
- Has lived, worked, or had exposure to other non-Singapore SE Asian countries and fluencies in SE Asian languages is a plus.
- Experience in other business functions related to startup companies, such as technology development, product development, sales, and digital marketing, is a plus.
7. Application Process and Timeline
- Pls submit your application via Glints along with
- A cover letter sharing why you are interested in the role
- a Resume or detailed LinkedIn profile.
- Shortlisted candidates will receive an email and a mini-project as a part of the application process.
- Candidates who pass the mini-project will proceed to 2 stages of interviews.
- One candidate will be selected for the program.
- All candidates who at least reach the mini-project stage will receive detailed feedback regardless of the result.
The final applicants will past through 3 rounds of assessments:
- Stage 1: 1-week remote assignment project
- Stage 2: case presentation & thesis defense
- Stage 3: broad experience interview
Backing SE Asia technology companies with regional ambition since 2011. Our portfolio founders are the authors of innovation. Cento Ventures helps the...