Plug and Play is a global innovation platform and venture capital firm. Our mission is to make innovation open to anyone, anywhere. Each year, hundreds of entrepreneurs join our vertical-specific accelerator programs to team up with our corporate members or receive a direct investment from Plug and Play. Plug and Play has over 45 locations across the world and our corporate members include: The Alliance to End Plastic Waste, USAA, Visa, Nationwide, Aflac, Daimler, Ford, Nissan, BP, Johnson & Johnson, Roche, Pfizer, Walmart, Coca Cola, Adidas, and over 500 more. Plug and Play’s corporate members utilize Plug and Play to identify the best startups to meet their challenges. Plug and Play’s proven investment track record includes Honey, Guardant Health, ApplyBoard, BigID, Kustomer, Rappi, Flutterwave, Hippo, PayPal, Lending Club, Dropbox, and many more.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Plug and Play Tech Center is currently looking for a Ventures Associate to assist in evaluating investments by analyzing market trends, tracking competitive landscapes, and performing company-related due diligence.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
- Source Seed and Series A startups for investment as well as corporate partners.
- Evangelizing Plug and Play to all potential network partners including startups, investors, and corporate members within all verticals.
- Identify business development, licensing, and strategic investment opportunities for corporate members within the Plug and Play ecosystem.
- Collaborate with corporate executives in deal flow sessions several times per week
- Analyze startup team strengths, market size, technology, and business model
- Provide event production and logistical support for internal events, mentor sessions, and other events as part of the accelerator.
Relationship Management and Research
- Mentor startups in the program on taking products to market, raising money, scaling, and all other ad-hoc business needs.
- Work with corporations to identify areas for mentoring
- Conduct research to identify new markets and industry sectors, conducting in-depth business analysis to identify new competitive opportunities.
- Diligently participate and perform various ad-hoc projects and tasks as required.
- Communication - Must possess communication skills (verbal and written). Must be proficient with public speaking. Must possess exceptional interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate with C-Suite executives
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving - Must be able to use logical reasoning to reach solutions
- Ability to perform commercial and financial analysis and modeling of potential investments as well as review data room materials and present potential investment opportunities to the team
- Proficiency in GSuite, MS Office, CRM platforms, project management tools, etc.
- Proven ability to build trusted relationships with colleagues, prospects, and industry contacts and contribute towards high-impact results.
- Career-driven individual with a passion for technology, entrepreneurship, investments, and high-tech startups
- Project Management - the ability to manage several projects with VCs, corporate partners, and startups
- Self-Starter - ability to start projects or plan events with minimal to no supervision
Education and Experience
- BS/BA Degree, MBA/advanced degree is a plus
- Background in Finance is highly recommended
- 3 to 5 years of experience in VC investment or M&A advisory; FinTech or startup experience is an advantage
The ultimate innovation platform: we connect the world's best startups to industry-leading corporations. ✨