IMPORTANT: This posting is for candidates who can be available to work with us for 6 months starting in December 2023 / January 2024 in Paris.
We are currently looking for an individual who is highly analytical and deeply passionate about fintech to join our team in Paris as an Investment Intern. This person will play a pivotal role in supporting our team to find and evaluate entrepreneurial, breakthrough companies in financial services.
- Support portfolio and fund analysis including supervising our pipeline and consolidating critical metrics across portfolios.
- Work with our portfolio companies to support them on pivotal initiatives.
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis (e.g., market sizing, analyzing survey data, pricing analysis, competitive analysis, web analytics data).
- Deeply understand the metrics of our portfolio companies and how they trend over time.
- Support fund operations including writing quarterly LP reports on new investments and our pipeline.
- Conduct financial market, company diligence on new potential investments, and desk research on industries and trends.
- A strong passion and /or curiosity about investments and technology.
- Self-starter - able to take initiative, prioritize, and run on own with limited guidance.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and in an ambitious environment where things change constantly.
- Organized with high attention to detail.
- Comfort in structuring quantitative analysis; not quantum physics, but you should love numbers (we all do!).
- Great teammate - happy to do whatever is required to support the team.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to synthesize and articulate thoughts about companies and markets concisely.
Portage is a global investment platform focused on fintech and financial services.
Our team partners with ambitious companies across all stages, providing flexible capital and delivering a global network of investors, commercial partners, advisors and value creation experts. With deep industry knowledge and entrepreneurial experience, Portage is committed to supporting the leaders who are reshaping financial services.
Our dedicated value creation team provides portfolio companies with hands-on support in go-to-market, technology & cybersecurity, business acceleration & M&A, and partnerships to accelerate their path to success.
Portage was born out of an ambition to reshape financial services globally. Co-founders Adam Felesky and Paul Desmarais III launched the platform in 2016 to help fintech and financial services entrepreneurs traverse the challenging terrain from local startup to global scale up.
Portage's roots are in the early-stage fintech venture space. Since 2016, we have raised three venture funds and expanded to late-stage fintech and financial services through Portage Capital Solutions in 2022.
Today, we manage $2.5B+ in AUM across three strategies.
Portage Ventures is a global fintech venture capital investment strategy. Focused on seed to series C opportunities in insurance, consumer & SMB finance, wealth & asset management, and fintech enablers, our team partners with ambitious companies to help them achieve their aspirations.
As former founders and operators, we understand the entrepreneurial journey and are active investors and thought partners who roll up our sleeves in partnership with the entrepreneurs we back.
Our deep fintech expertise, relationships with the global financial services ecosystem, and in-house domain experts are testaments to our hands-on approach.
For more information, please visit portageinvest.com
Portage is an equal opportunity employer, which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual. If you require accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please contact the People & Culture team to make your needs known in advance.
We empower visionary financial entrepreneurs.