Finance Manager, Iberia
Antler is a global early-stage venture capital firm that invests in the defining technology companies of tomorrow. Antler is on a mission to fundamentally improve the world by identifying, investing in and challenging the world’s most exceptional people to build groundbreaking technology companies.
We believe anyone with the correct grit, spike, drive, and ambition can change the world. Antler is present in most major startup ecosystems across five continents, including New York, Toronto, London, Berlin, Bangalore, Singapore, Jakarta, Ho Chi Minh, and Sydney. Since launching in 2017, we have invested in over 400 companies worldwide, and our portfolio represents over 30 different industries, such as healthtech, proptech, deeptech and fintech.
The aspiration for Antler is to be the world’s leading early-stage VC and a value-adding partner for exceptional founders from pre-idea to IPO.
💡 The Role
We are currently searching for an experienced and versatile Finance Manager. This individual will assume responsibility for all finance-related workflows concerning the Iberia operating companies and fund, as well as ensuring compliance with tax, legal, and regulatory reporting requirements across all entities, while being integrated into Antler Global Finance team.
Our ideal candidate is a critical thinker with an ingrained passion for workflow optimization, who isn't afraid to take initiative and demonstrate accountability. Diligence is a given for this role.
The Finance Manager will oversee the administration of Antler’s Iberia operating company and investment fund, while potentially being involved with our portfolio companies in framing incorporation, setting up business operations, and following investment funding rounds to secure success.
If you’re up for the challenge, we can promise an incredible experience and an unparalleled opportunity to work with a global team of highly motivated individuals, accomplished entrepreneurs, and the founders of future startup successes.
Responsible for all financial operations for Antler Iberia:
- Day-to-day financial tasks: managing and signing off on the monthly management accounts and comprehensive analysis on variances to budget;
- Global policies: ensuring compliance with global policies (e.g. expenses)
- Managing the treasury function and working capital requirements: processing payments to suppliers and monthly payroll;
- Budgeting and forecasting: working closely on the annual budgeting tasks;
- Internal reporting: analysis of fund performance KPIs and on the quarterly management accounts (NAV)
- External reporting: ensuring timely external reporting to investors, governmental regulatory bodies, tax authorities, auditors, corporate partners, and other relevant third parties;
- Manage the annual audit process: working closely with auditors on the annual audit process of the Iberia operating entities;
- Payroll and Tax: leading the local corporate and VAT areas; handing payroll, mandatory employer social cost payments, and compliance reporting;
- Yearly filling requirement: manage annual filing requirements for both the operating entity and fund;
- Fund operations: management of the cash flow and payments related to funding investments and expenses;
- Other ad-hoc projects as and when required.
🎓 Key experience and personal attributes
- Higher education;
- 5 to 7 years of work experience in a related field such as finance control or business management;
- Experience in financial management, reporting, and process management;
- Demonstrated experience in an entrepreneurial environment and experience in taking ownership of challenging tasks, working with tight deadlines and ambiguity;
- Detail-oriented and process-focused with strong quantitative analysis skills;
- Highly organized and able to structure and execute multiple processes simultaneously;
- Proactive and positive personality with excellent communication skills.
💎 What we offer
- A strong company culture with constant feedback;
- Opportunity to take ownership from day one;
- Incredible learning and growth in the world of Venture Capital;
- An international environment that treats everyone with respect and gives you the room to grow;
- Fun culture, team events, including dinners, culture days and other engaging activities.
Where exceptional people build incredible companies.