Breega is one of the fastest growing VC funds in Europe with more than 500M€ AUM.
Breega propels pioneering and purpose-driven founders from idea into impact. We closed our first fund in 2015 and now have €500 m AUM and 70 trailblazing portfolio companies. Crafted for founders by founders, we built Breega to provide start-ups with the help we wish we'd had. And we’ve created an investment proposition that’s purposefully designed. We call it full stack funding: providing capital and connections, expertise and experience, support and solidarity for entrepreneurs at every step of their journey. We invest across Europe and internationally, focusing on pre-seed to Series B stage.
Find out here about our culture and the way we work at Breega.
Outcomes & Responsibilities
As a Partner Venture Germany, based out of Berlin, you will:
- Participate in Breega’s key strategic projects including representing Breega at main events
- Be an active contributor to fundraising processes alongside the Breega Sales team and to expanding Breega’s footprint in Germany
- Meet with entrepreneurs, business angels, funds or ecosystem players and build close relationships with leading startups to generate high-quality deal flow
- Explore investment opportunities: deep dive into operational metrics, market and competition; assess product and technology, run reference calls, and analyze financial and valuation models.
- Negotiate Term Sheet with entrepreneurs
- Manage a portfolio of startups and seat at their board of directors
- Own relationships with founders and investors across your designated ecosystem and sector.
- Defend your position during weekly deal flow meetings and prepare investment notes that will be discussed in investment committees
- Identify and detect high potential market trends to build strong convictions for future investments
- 5 years’ minimum of experience in both: VC, PE and/or in strategy consulting/M&A.
- You have a strong knowledge of the German market and tech ecosystem
- FinTech & InsureTech expertise and vision
- Ability to build a sales machine and to develop/nurture a strong and qualitative network
- Passion for new technologies and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Excellent analytical & strong quantitative skills
- High energy, resourceful, Ambitious
- Fluent in English
- You absolutely must have a startup/scaleup operational or entrepreneurial experience
- CV Selection
- Interview with the HR team
- Interview with Dan, Head of Venture EU
- Case study with Antoine/Victor
- A coffee chat with Ben
- Interview with Max
What we offer
- Position based in Berlin
- Opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial minded European Venture Capital Fund with great international and expansion ambitions
- Work in an inspiring and friendly environment directly with partners
- Competitive salary base + Bonus + Carried interest to all our talents
- Health Insurance 100% covered
- Mobile Allowance
- Sports benefits
- Hybrid work policy (Remote/Office)
We propel pioneering and purpose-driven founders from idea to impact. Together we’re working towards a world where tech entrepreneurship has catalysed...