Venture Capital Reporting Analyst
StepStone is a rapidly growing Global Private Markets firm who provides customized investment and advisory solutions to some of the most sophisticated investors in the world. With $640 billion of total capital allocations, including $143 billion in AUM, we are highly diversified in the private markets across the globe and provide creative solutions to solve for the objectives of any investment program. With a culture built on entrepreneurialism, partnership and being a team within teams, our firm offers joiners the opportunity to think out loud, collaboratively.
The StepStone Venture Capital (“StepStone VC”) Reporting Analyst role is for professionals looking to gain exposure to the private markets industry and develop skills for investment analysis and reporting. StepStone VC Reporting Analysts will develop a deep understanding of Venture Capital financial markets by working closely with Global Operations, Business Intelligence, and Fund Accounting teams to support investment performance data entry, review, and reconciliation efforts within the StepStone performance reporting and analytics system (i.e., “Omni”). This will be a fast-paced and dynamic environment that is ideal for those who want to continuously tackle challenging problems and learn new things.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide dedicated Omni system support for StepStone VC investment performance data, assisting with the timely entry, review, and reconciliation of VC Investment Data activity in the Omni system.
- Omni Investment Data for StepStone VC investments includes:
- New investment commitments
- Daily capital activity for existing investments
- Quarterly capital account/fair market values
- Qualitative attributes for investments and client portfolios, outlined by StepStone VC Fund Accounting and Business Intelligence teams
- As necessary, reconcile Omni Investment Data against StepStone VC Fund Accounting administrator books/records
- Gain knowledge and experience working with data from private markets general partners and companies, including limited partnership and direct security investments.
- Utilize the Firm’s performance reporting systems, spreadsheet models, and other operational/analytics dashboards to fulfill primary responsibilities and accumulate process
- Assist in execution and oversight of the full lifecycle of quarterly processes, ensuring proper data practices and methodologies are applied.
- Performs other duties as requested or as responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications may include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or Business-related field preferred
- Strong Excel skills and familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent time management, prioritization, and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Inquisitive and intellectually curious: able to independently learn new technologies and skills
- Promote and demonstrate a positive, team-oriented attitude
- Interest in Global Financial Markets and Private Markets
Working out of 26 offices in 15 countries, StepStone has a truly global viewpoint. As people are our biggest asset, we offer resources to help our employees reach their full potential. Our principles are based on integrity, transparency, respect and creativity, which together define how we do business.
When you choose to work at StepStone, you'll find a group of professionals who are passionate about anticipating changes, solving problems and working together to make it all happen. Our integrated global team shares insights into how managers think and operate, as well as how they might perform.
StepStone offers a competitive compensation package including salary and incentive compensation for all full time hires, as well as a comprehensive benefits package.
We offer a range of benefits which include comprehensive healthcare, strong retirement plan, a mental health well-being program, paid time off, student loan repayment program, and several wellness initiatives.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
At StepStone, diversity, equity and inclusion are an integral part of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees and allows them to be heard, regardless of title or tenure. Our organizational community features multiple Employment Resource Groups representing our dedication to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, StepStone does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our mission is to be the trusted partner of choice for private markets solutions globally.