Executive Assistant, Capital Formation
Techstars is seeking a New York Tri-state area based Executive Assistant (EA) responsible for providing comprehensive executive administrative support for the Capital Formation and Investor Relations team. The individual must be highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to complete accurate work in a timely manner within a fast-paced, high-volume environment. They will exhibit excellent decision making and problem-solving skills and will be responsible for prioritizing workloads and shifting attention among changing tasks and priorities. The individual should be honest, approachable, reliable, and experienced in working closely with executive leadership and stakeholders. This person must feel comfortable working independently and will be expected to meet in-person (weekly) with other members of the Techstars team based in the NY metropolitan area.
This role will be instrumental in providing effective leverage to our Capital Formation and Investor Relations teams to enable them to achieve their department and enterprise objectives and responsibilities. The role scope will cover a broad spectrum to include helping the leaders keep their departments running smoothly from calendaring and scheduling, travel and expenses, analyses and projects, developing investor presentations, conference and event logistics, and other activities to support the team. This role will interact heavily with the Office of the CEO and the rest of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) and their executive support team members. This position will report to the Head of Investor Relations.
About the role:
- Responsible for managing and operating the day-do-day administrative tasks to enable senior team members to achieve their responsibilities.
- Proactively plan the executive leaders’ calendars and schedule, both short and long term, aligned with the department and enterprise strategic goals.
- Provide administrative support to the Investor Relations Team, including calendar management, meeting coordination and travel arrangements.
- Arrange travel itineraries, accommodations, and logistics for team members and investors as needed.
- Assist in organizing, planning and coordinating events and conferences related to investor relations, including our Annual General Meeting. Handle logistics to ensure smooth execution.
- Manage expense reports and reimbursements for the team.
- Support the team by ensuring proper follow up and deadlines are met.
- Manage a variety of special projects maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Handle sensitive and confidential information with the utmost discretion and professionalism.
- Support the management, coordination, and logistics of the team’s operating cadence including all hands meetings, in-person and virtual team events, team reviews, roundtables and one-on-one employee meetings/check-ins.
- Act as a liaison between the Investor Relations Team and external stakeholders. Maintain clear and professional communication on behalf of the team.
- Assist in the preparation of investor communications, reports, and presentations. Help organize investor meetings and conferences.
- Maintain and organize confidential investor and firm-related files, records, documents and databases. Ensure accuracy and completeness of investor records. Experience with Salesforce (or other CRM) is a plus.
- Work with other members of the teams to create reports, presentations, and other documents about departmental activities. Conduct research and prepare summaries for department reviews, as needed.
- Perform general administrative tasks, such as scheduling calls, responding to emails, ordering supplies, managing and organization the shared file system, etc.
- Goal oriented, can think at a higher level, connect dots and synthesize information well.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving, independent judgment and sound decision making.
- Can juggle multiple and competing priorities effectively, good at prioritizing with excellent organizational skills (utilizes systems and processes to manage scope of work).
- Learner mindset, open to feedback and coaching, self-aware and wants to continuously improve.
- Can hold self and others accountable to delivering on commitments
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ related experience supporting C-Suite executives, preferably in a fundraising, asset management, finance or investment-related role and ideally in organizations that have scaled from early stage to mid-size or large, and/or with experience in smaller, entrepreneurial companies and large corporate environments.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, or Project Management or related field.
- Proficiency in productivity software like Microsoft Office and Google Suite; familiarity with product management software like Asana or similar, with the ability to learn and adapt quickly.
- Able to proactively anticipate needs and plan with a forward thinking approach.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups of people & leaders at all levels internally and externally
- Attention to detail with excellent organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Discretion and the ability to handle confidential information.
- A proactive and self-motivated approach to tasks.
Compensation range: $90,000 - $100,000 with 10% bonus
The Techstars worldwide network helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas—entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation, and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations, and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 3,000 companies that today have a combined market cap valuation of $98.6 Billion. www.techstars.com
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity nor any other basis prohibited by law.
Techstars uses E-Verify to check the work authorization of all new hires. For more information about E-Verify, please see the following:
The worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed.