Head of Impact
With Oyster Bay, we invest in ambitious founders to create a sustainable food system for future generations. We have previously invested in companies such as Oatly, AirUp, Stenon, TrueGum, Peas of Heaven, GoodBytz and Hooked. Our first fund is in the top 10% of European VC funds in terms of performance and we are now raising our next fund.
A sustainable food value chain would contribute to solving the climate crisis, ensuring food security for our growing population, and supporting soil health and clean water without creating billions of tons of waste.
The good news is - it’s possible. Our generation can solve these challenges, if we invest enough financial and human capital in scaling up and realizing the potential solutions across the value chain.
As a company and as stewards of wealth, we have very clear values, according to which we act. These are:
- Radical honesty
- Results driven
- No assholes
- Continuous learning
As Head of Impact, you are responsible for ensuring that we are at the leading edge of impact measurement and management.
- Impact Strategy: Improve, implement, and manage our existing impact investment strategy
- Impact Measurement & Reporting: Improve our existing framework and implement your improvements across our portfolio and our own impact reporting.
- Portfolio Monitoring & Portfolio Support: Support our entrepreneurs in ensuring their impact strategy, management and measurement are world-class. Based on your own assessment of the stage of each company in their ESG & impact journey, you will create an impact roadmap for each company. You will be responsible for ensuring it's implementation.
- Deal Screening and Due Diligence: Perform in-depth due diligence on potential investments concerning their impact. We only invest in companies that pass our impact scorecard, which you will be responsible for assessing.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Engage with our limited partners to illustrate our approach to impact investment, management and measurements.
- Team Leadership: Lead and mentor our team to ensure that we’re consistently achieving our impact and financial goals.
- Internal Impact: You will ensure that Oyster Bay itself lives up to our own high standards and improve our existing processes.
Oyster Bay is an entrepreneurial firm - we expect every team member to be self-motivated and driven to deliver outstanding results in their respective responsibilities.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced impact/ESG manager and leader in the financial services industry and is looking for an entrepreneurial environment, where he/she can leverage her expertise for a greater positive personal impact.
The key attributes of someone who will excel at this role are:
- great attention to detail
- strong relationship skills
- constant drive to improve
- independence of thought
Oyster Bay is differentiated from other VC firms by our entrepreneurial DNA. Everyone at Oyster Bay participates in our carried interest.
Please note that we are already interviewing candidates - and will fill this role soon.
We invest in ambitious founders to create a sustainable food system for future generations.