Internship Venture Capital
At Oyster Bay, we invest in ambitious founders to create a sustainable food system for future generations. We have previously invested in companies such as Oatly, AirUp, Stenon, TrueGum, Peas of Heaven, GoodBytz and Hooked. Our first fund is in the top 10% of European VC funds in terms of performance and we are currently raising our next fund.
A sustainable food value chain would contribute to solving the climate crisis, ensuring food security for our growing population, and supporting soil health and clean water without creating billions of tons of waste.
The good news is - it’s possible. Our generation can solve these challenges, if we invest enough financial and human capital in scaling up and realizing the potential solutions across the value chain.
As a company and as stewards of wealth, we have very clear values, according to which we act. These are:
- Radical honesty
- Results driven
- No assholes
- Continuous learning
During your internship, you are responsible for supporting the Oyster Bay Management Team in daily activities including:
- Deal Screening: Evaluate incoming startup ideas that could be an interesting investment opportunity for us
- Deal Searching: Actively search for and communicate with promising entrepreneurs that could build the next unicorn (e.g. attend fairs, startup events)
- Deep Dives: Analyze different industry sectors to help us build a phenomenal knowledge base around these
- Investor relationships: Organise investor events (e.g. at portfolio companies)
- Impact/ESG Strategy: Help us improve our existing frameworks and implement your improvements across our portfolio and our own impact reporting
- Others: Support our: Help us improve our existing frameworks and implement your improvements across our portfolio and our impact reporting
- Recently finished your bachelor degree or currently enrolled in a master program with very strong grades in any direction
- Previous experience in a fast-paced environment (e.g. working at a startup, PE/VC, consulting, or Investment Banking)
- Strong passion for entrepreneurship and food-related topics
- Strong analytical skills
- Fluent in German and English
- The ability to work with us full-time for 6+ months in our Hamburg office
The key attributes of someone who will excel at this role are:
- Highly motivated, keen to learn
- Great attention to detail
- Strong communication/relationship skills
- Continious drive to improve
- Independence of thought
Oyster Bay is differentiated from other VC firms by its entrepreneurial DNA. During your internship you will learn firsthand from a strong management team that has founded and sold their own companies in the past.
Additionally, we offer plenty of other benefits such as:
- Participating in meetings with portfolio companies and potential investees
- Having regular feedback meetings with your supervisors
- Flexible home office days
- Competitive salary
- Steep learning curve
We invest in ambitious founders to create a sustainable food system for future generations.