Associate, Technology Investment
Sixty Degree Capital is a premier venture-growth equity fund based in Toronto, Canada. We invest in Series A to Pre-IPO companies in North America, across software innovation, digital infrastructure, biotech and pharma.
We are hiring a full-time professional to join our technology investment practice in Toronto, Canada. This position is an exciting opportunity for professionals with significant work experience in the technology/venture capital/growth equity space. The person will assist with the team leader on sourcing, leading, negotiating, and managing the firm’s investments in sectors such as Enterprise SaaS, Cloud Computing, Data Infrastructure, Cybersecurity, AI/ML, and Frontier Technologies.
What you’ll do:
- Play a key role in supporting all aspects of the investment cycle from origination, screening, due diligence, structuring and negotiation, modelling, investment memo preparation, investment committee presentations to portfolio management and exit
- Conduct due diligence to support investment decisions via market research, competitor benchmarking, company and valuations analysis
- Establish and build effective relationships within the venture capital ecosystem, including with startups, venture funds, corporate partners and other service providers
What you’ll get:
- Purpose: we use venture capital as the way to remove the barrier between now and future
- Founders: we work with some of the smartest, most passionate, most interesting founders in the world
- Investors: we partner with top tier venture capital investors globally to find the next big thing
- Team: we are a group of curious people learning on a day-to-day basis
What we’re looking for:
- 3-5 years of relevant industry experience, preferably in a top-tier consulting firm, a reputable venture capital/growth equity investment firm, or in a successful startup or a leading tech corporate
- Technical background is a major plus, ideally as an alum of top technology firms or a graduate/Ph.D. of engineering/CS
- An MBA from a top-tier business school and/or work experience in a major innovation hub are a plus
- Exceptionally curious and driven, with the ability to balance competing priorities, work independently and thrive in a high-performance team environment with demanding deadlines
How to apply:
Different formats cater to different candidates, so we offer two options to know you better:
Option A: in 500 words or less, please tell us a story about something that’s happened in the last few years that will give us a sense of who you are
Option B: in 500 words or less, please tell us what one company (or category) we should invest in and why
Should you need accommodation during recruitment process, please email us at email@example.com.
Posting closes February 28 2023 @ 11:59PM
$70,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
Your application has been successfully submitted.