Associate, Growth Programs, Endeavor Miami
Endeavor is a global organization leading the high-impact entrepreneurship movement around the world, nurturing entrepreneurial ecosystems in emerging markets through mentorship and services for scale-ups. With 40+ markets and 2000+ entrepreneurs in its network, the non-profit has helped create 3M+ jobs, generate $40B+ in revenues and raise $10B+ in equity capital in 2021. You can learn more about the organization here.
The Endeavor Miami office launched in 2013 and today counts with 32 companies in its portfolio, represented by 51 entrepreneurs. To join Endeavor as a member, an entrepreneur needs to go through a selection process that includes several rounds of local and international vetting, which can take up to a year to be completed.
In 2019, Endeavor Miami launched cohort initiatives to catalyze the growth of earlier-stage local companies, helping bridge the gap between startup and scaleup. These initiatives are:
- EndeavorLAB: a cohort-based initiative to support underrepresented founders in Florida in building a foundation for scale. For companies generating $50K to $500K in annual revenues.
- Endeavor ScaleUp: a four-month cohort-based initiative that equips high-growth founders in Florida with the network and resources to gain clarity on their path to scale. For companies generating $1M to $4M in annual revenues.
In 2022, 15 companies took part in ScaleUp and 34 companies in EndeavorLAB, joining an alumni network of over 125 high-growth businesses and counting. Together, they employ 1,590 individuals and have generated $131M in revenues in 2022.
Endeavor employs professionals who are passionate about entrepreneurship and believe in Endeavor’s mission to support high-impact entrepreneurs to catalyze economic growth in Miami. Endeavor provides a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment for those who enjoy a challenging environment where initiative is both expected and required, and an opportunity to take on leadership roles for developing new and exciting initiatives, projects and partnerships to support entrepreneurs in Miami. As a well-established global organization, Endeavor also provides access to influential thought leaders from Miami and around the world.
In collaboration with the Growth Programs Manager, the Associate will be responsible for the planning, management and execution of Endeavor ScaleUp. Endeavor ScaleUp is made up of 3 stages: pre-planning, program delivery and postmortem review, with an approximate time distribution of 30% strategy, 40% sales and/or customer experience and 30% operations. This role will collaborate heavily with Endeavor’s Marketing team for branding and campaign creations, and event planning and execution. This role will collaborate, to a lesser extent but equally important, with Endeavor’s Entrepreneur Experience team to identify high-potential companies that can take part in Endeavor’s selection process once they are through the cohort initiatives. Finally, this role will have significant exposure to Endeavor’s Managing Director, who directly oversees Endeavor’s Programs team. This is ultimately a project management role, and the person will have a direct impact on the success of Endeavor ScaleUp as an Endeavor service offered to entrepreneurs in Florida.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Draft the strategic planning of upcoming Endeavor ScaleUp cohorts.
- Collaborate with Marketing Department to define and approve program branding and language.
- Structure sales processes to identify entrepreneurs for upcoming cohorts.
- Conduct the selection process of potential ScaleUp participants through interviews and data analysis.
- Structure and manage all aspects of running a ScaleUp cohort, including but not limited to:
- Mapping out and creating all program initiatives and activities.
- Creating all support operations, processes and materials.
- Drafting and fine tuning the content to be taught throughout the initiative.
- Scheduling all one-on-one and group sessions with ScaleUp participants.
- Selecting, booking and preparing speakers for the various ScaleUp sessions.
- Creating action plans for participating companies based on their business challenges.
- Conducting mentor-company matchmaking to execute said action plans.
- Manage the execution of all aspects of ScaleUp, ensuring a timely and organized delivery.
- Manage the entire customer experience funnel through constant communication with participants.
- Writing articles on ScaleUp data and deliverables, to be published for the ecosystem.
- Preparing data reports on ScaleUp results, to be presented to relevant stakeholders.
- Strong interest in entrepreneurship and in being a part of growing startup ecosystems.
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record. Degree in Finance, Economics, International Relations, Political Science or related fields is an advantage.
- 1-2 years of experience in the private sector, such as in finance, in consulting or in large corporations. Alternatively, 1-2 years of experience in entrepreneurial ecosystem, such as in startups, in venture capital or in ecosystem stakeholders. Related experiences are also welcome to apply.
- 1-2 years of experience in client relations AND project management are strong assets.
- Excellent English, both in written and oral communication skills. Spanish and/or Portuguese proficiencies are a strong plus.
- Strong computer software proficiency is important, especially Microsoft Office, Adobe, and Google Apps. Knowledge in data analytics software is a plus.
- Superior interpersonal communication skills. The person must be able to communicate and engage with people of various backgrounds and profiles, maintaining a high level of professionalism.
- Strong detail-oriented profile. This role requires tremendous attention to detail in order to ensure a high-quality delivery in all aspects of the program.
- Superior organizational skills. Running a growth program involves multiple moving pieces; the person must be able to juggle various priorities at once while delivering them all with great quality.
- Superior problem-solving abilities. Running a growth program requires quick decision-making in the face of last-minute adversities. The person must be able to quick on his/her feet with the information at hand, always prioritizing seamless execution and quality.
- Ability to work independently. While the person will work collaboratively with the rest of the team, often they will be assigned tasks that will require independent work. The person must be able to digest instructions quickly and to work without constant supervision.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, flexible environments. Endeavor’s initiatives move very quickly, so the person must be able to execute in a timely manner despite constant changes.
- Ideal candidate has a growth mindset with a strong ability in speedy operational execution. Working at Endeavor means constantly switching hats between planning and delivery.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Global sports and entertainment company, home to the world's most dynamic storytellers and experiences.