Senior Manager of Entrepreneur Experience, Endeavor Miami
Endeavor is a global organization leading the high-impact entrepreneurship movement around the world, nurturing entrepreneurial ecosystems in emerging markets through mentorship and services for scale-ups. With 40+ markets and 2000+ entrepreneurs in its network, the non-profit has helped create 3M+ jobs, generate $40B+ in revenues and raise $10B+ in equity capital in 2021. You can learn more about the organization here.
The Endeavor Miami office was launched in 2013 and today counts with 32 companies in its portfolio, represented by 51 entrepreneurs. To join Endeavor as a member, an entrepreneur needs to go through a selection process that includes several rounds of local and international vetting, which can take up to a year to be completed.
The Entrepreneurial Experience (EX) team is in charge of the organization’s core function - selecting & supporting Endeavor Entrepreneurs in Florida markets. This is done in collaboration with colleagues across 40+ markets. Our ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial nature, is global in mindset and experience, is mission-oriented, and is passionate about having a transformational impact on entrepreneurs.
Endeavor is looking for a dynamic professional with 7-10 years of experience to lead our Miami Entrepreneur Experience (EX) team.
The Senior Manager of Endeavor Miami Entrepreneur Experience (EX) is a vital member of our Leadership team, reporting directly to our Managing Director. This position will focus on bringing the Entrepreneur Experience team, processes and service to a new higher standard. The Senior Manager will focus on bringing in the top Florida entrepreneurs into our network through networking, prospecting and making sure the selection process is seamless and executed in a timely manner. They will also be responsible for ensuring our entrepreneur services make Endeavor the most valuable entrepreneur community in Florida.
Endeavor employs professionals who are passionate about entrepreneurship and believe in Endeavor’s mission to support high-impact entrepreneurs to catalyze economic growth in Florida. Endeavor provides a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment for those who enjoy a challenging environment where initiative is both expected and required, and an opportunity to take on leadership roles for developing new and exciting initiatives, projects and partnerships to support entrepreneurs in Florida. As a well-established international organization, Endeavor also provides and requires access to influential thought leaders from Florida and around the world.
- Lead Generation and Selection (50%), Entrepreneurial Support (30%) and Strategic Initiatives (20%).
- Manage the Entrepreneur Experience Team.
Lead Generation & CRM (50%)
- Identify the top companies in the ecosystem through research with the support of the Endeavor Miami team.
- Craft and create the messaging and sales strategy to convince high-level founder candidates to join the selection process. Pitch Endeavor to founders who are a fit to become Endeavor Entrepreneurs and convince them to begin the selection process.
- Hyper focused on targeting high-potential prospective founders using both referral and outbound sales strategies.
- Attend strategic community events to network with founders, identify prospective founders for our initiatives and further relationships with pipeline sourcing partners.
- Attend and speak in key ecosystem events, targeting to attract high-growth founders in South Florida.
- Work closely with the Marketing Department to coordinate, strategize and optimize marketing campaigns targeting increased inbound lead generation.
- Recruit top entrepreneurs in the Florida ecosystem to join our network, whether as Endeavor Entrepreneur, Mentors or Board Members.
- Maintain good relationships with founders, mentors, community partners and investors.
Entrepreneurial Support (30%)
- Design, deliver and scale new global service offerings based on strategic priorities and the portfolio's needs.
- Manage the Account Managers in the Entrepreneur Experience team and support them in serving companies with excellence.
- Manage and service outlier accounts with excellence.
- Build a strong Access to Capital program
Strategic Initiatives (20%)
- Define, evaluate and maintain a standard of excellence across the different EX domains: selection, portfolio account management (including the top 10% performing companies, our "Outliers"), community management, and network engagement.
- Actively shape and contribute to the organization’s strategic planning efforts as part of the leadership team and engage in cross-team initiatives to advance priorities.
Team Management (Ongoing)
- Lead the Entrepreneurial Experience team (3 people), including setting ambitious goals, designing its organizational structure, leading new projects, driving a high-performance culture and managing the department’s budget.
- Excellent leadership skills, team player and with high emotional intelligence.
- 7-10+ years of experience in the entrepreneurial ecosystem, preferably as an entrepreneur or C-level for a high-growth startup/scaleup, as a leader in an entrepreneur support organization (accelerators, incubators, etc) or as a member of a prominent VC firm.
- Comfortable working with a variety of people at all levels and willingness to be persistent and creative to solve problems and meet the needs of our entrepreneurs.
- Experience in sales management, lead conversion and/or relationship management.
- Strong business acumen and familiarity with evaluating business models, growth strategies and venture capital.
- Excellent leadership skills, the ability to inspire trust/confidence, set a strategic vision and align teams to execute.
- Optimistic and creative nature, self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to travel post-pandemic (domestic and international).
- Must represent Endeavor with great professionalism.
- Excellent writing and oral English skills. Proficiency in Spanish is a plus.
- Knowledge of Salesforce is a plus.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Entrepreneur First: You are mission-oriented and believe in Endeavor’s model to change the world through high-impact entrepreneurship.
- Go Big: You are someone whose curiosity drives them to dream (and execute!) big as Endeavor reimagines its service offerings to entrepreneurs.
- Network of Trust: You’re great with people! You naturally build and maintain relationships with key players and have the superior interpersonal skills needed to build trust with our entrepreneurs, mentors, and teams in 40+ markets.
- Pay It Forward: You’re someone with a service-oriented attitude, who asks “What can I do?” before asking “What can I get?”
- One Endeavor: You’re comfortable working across cultures and will thrive on working with colleagues in 40+ markets.
- Always Agile: You believe in the importance of planning but never hesitate to change plans in the face of new data and circumstances.
Details about the Job
- Company: Endeavor Miami
- Job Title: Senior Manager, Entrepreneur Experience (EX)
- Location: Miami, USA (in-person)
- *Must be able to come to the Endeavor office in Wynwood at least three days a week.*
- Start Date: February 2023
- Benefits: Competitive salary and benefits including flexible vacation policy, remote and flexible working days, 401K plans, health and dental benefits, global travel experiences, sabbatical/immersion opportunities, and continuing education options.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Global sports and entertainment company, home to the world's most dynamic storytellers and experiences.