Partner 18, Podcast and Video Producer
Founded in Silicon Valley in 2009 by Marc Andreessen and Ben Horowitz, Andreessen Horowitz (known as "a16z") is a venture capital firm that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future through technology. We are stage agnostic: We invest in seed to venture to late-stage technology companies, across bio + healthcare, consumer, crypto, enterprise, fintech, games, and companies building toward American dynamism. a16z has $35B in assets under management across multiple funds.
We’ve established a team that is defined by respect for the entrepreneur and the company-building process; we know what it’s like to be in the founder’s shoes. We’ve invested in companies like Affirm, Airbnb, Coinbase, Databricks, Devoted Health, EQRx, Figma, GitHub, Instacart, OpenSea, Roblox, Stripe, and Substack. Our team is at the forefront of new technology, helping founders and their companies impact and change the world.
The a16z Podcast network explores how technology and innovation is changing our lives for the better.
Our flagship podcast was started in 2014, the a16z podcast now reaches millions each year; has consistently ranked in the top 10 in technology podcasts; and has featured guests including Patrick Collison, Oprah Winfrey, Vitalik Buterin, Tim O'Reilly, and Alex Honnold. Since then, a16z has invested in audio and launched several successful podcasts, including web3 with a16z and Bio Eats World.
As the a16z podcast network expands, it’s looking to bring on a full-time podcast producer to focus on the flagship show and support other content video/audio projects across the company. This producer will be responsible for operationalizing the podcast, ensuring that it is innovative, while remaining high-quality. This role will span operational responsibilities of guest outreach, episode research, post-production, but also have the opportunity to partner with the podcast host to shape the future of the podcast, including pitching new segments and the scoping of new podcasts entirely.
In this role, you will work directly with the podcast host, growth lead, production assistant, and contractors to ensure that the podcast is publishing and growing consistently. You will also work with other teams across the company in advising them on their audio/video needs. The ideal person for this role has prior experience as a podcast and/or video producer, with a passion and curiosity for technology, innovation, and startups, not to mention being a student of the latest trends within the audio and video landscape. They should bring creative ideas to the table, but also be willing to focus on the operational needs of the podcast.
This is a hybrid role with an on-site presence as needed at our San Francisco Bay Area, California offices.
To join our team, you should be excited to:
- Identify guests that would be good candidates for the podcast
- Manage a podcast guest database, ensuring a steady pipeline and high-quality outreach, with the support of our production assistant
- Perform episodic research, occasionally prepping podcast outlines for the host
- Ensure seamless episode recordings, including preparing documentation for guests
- Manage each episode's remote recording, editing, and distribution, including video operations
- Partner with contractors to develop music, trailers, and other social assets for the podcast
- Help teams across the company build audio and video assets from scratch
- Ideate, implement, and test creative new segments within the podcast, utilizing data to guide decision-making
- Highlight high-quality segments for distribution from each recording
- Identify audio and video trends or new experiments to test
- Prior experience as a 3+ years podcast producer or a role with adjacent responsibilities
- Deep understanding of video and audio production, equipment, and software
- Experience project managing complex content operations and coordination across teams. Bonus points for prior experience managing contractors in the audio/video industry.
- Ability to translate a rough concept into a living, reproducible audio/video product
- Confident communicator with strong judgment, in order to perform high-quality outreach and engage live with top experts
- Self-starter, strong collaborator, and effective communication
The anticipated salary range for this role is between $160,000-$187,000, actual starting pay may vary based on a range of factors which can include experience, skills, and scope.
This role is eligible to participate in the a16z carry program and various discretionary bonus programs as well as benefit and perquisite plans including health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401K plan, vacation, and sick leave.
- We do only first class business and only in a first class way
- We take a long view of relationships, because we are in the relationship business
- We believe in the future and bet the firm that way
- We are all different, we recognize that, and we win
- We celebrate the good times
- We do it for the team
- We play to win
At a16z we are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. These differences are what enables us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our portfolio companies, and the World.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
Andreessen Horowitz hereby reserves the right to make use of any unsolicited resumes received from outside recruiting agencies and / or individual recruiters without being responsible for payment of any fees asserted from the use of unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Andreessen Horowitz (known as "a16z") is a venture capital firm in Silicon Valley, California, that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future throu...