Finance & Controlling Manager (m/f/x)
FoodLabs is a venture capital investor and venture studio, based in Berlin with a focus on Food-, Agtech, and Sustainability. We’ve previously backed leading food tech startups such as Gorillas, Infarm, share, Meatable, Mushlabs, Formo, and Mitte. In our studio, we are consistently identifying new opportunities to change the food landscape in Europe together with the most daring entrepreneurs and scientists.
2023 will be a big year for all of us at FoodLabs with lots of exciting things to come. Therefore we are expanding our team to launch big new initiatives and work with the best food-, health, and biotech companies in Europe.
🚀 We are currently looking for a Finance & Controlling Manager (m/f/x) to join our core team in Berlin Mitte, helping to execute our VC-finance strategy, and supporting internal finance processes 🚀
- 🌐 Become part of the Atlantic & FoodLabs network with over 150 portfolio companies including a wide range of industries such as food delivery, health tech, biotech, fintech, and many more.
- 👀 Get exciting insights into the startup world, work closely together with our investment and company building a team, and meet our founders for a quick coffee chat in the office.
- 🦄 Grow within the company or join one of our many ventures, either early-stage, learning how to build a business from scratch, or later-stage, learning how to guarantee success during a hyper-growth phase.
- 🍹 You will work in our office in the heart of Berlin with a beautiful rooftop terrace - our fridge is always filled with cool after-work drinks
YOUR TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will collaborate closely with our external accountants, tax advisors, and service providers and manage the preparation and revision of the financial statements of various companies of the Atlantic Labs group, being responsible for integrity, accuracy, and timeliness
- You will manage the liquidity planning, daily invoices, and capital calls for our different funds and affiliate companies, including everything from office expenses to the completion of investment transactions
- You will be responsible for preparatory accounting, payment transactions, legal housekeeping, financial statements, tax declarations, and annual results of several entities
- In addition to your everyday finance responsibilities, you support our external provider in payroll administration, you will take over special projects in different topics, and help to continuously improve accounting and administration frameworks and processes
- With your ideas and strength of implementation, you actively drive the development and further professionalization of our finance department
- Through our extensive portfolio, you will have the opportunity to grow a unique network within the German VC and startup scene
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- You have successfully completed your apprenticeship or studies with a focus on Finance, Accounting or Taxation
- Ideally, you have proven yourself in a complex holding environment or an audit company, and have at least 2 years of relevant work experience in i.e. fund administration, auditing, taxation, general finance
- Specific knowledge in Venture Capital, Private Equity, Startups, or related fields would be beneficial
- Your work style is independent, structured, and accurate, which helps you to always stay on top of the game
- With your builder’s mindset, you are efficient, reliable, and adaptable to change when stressful deadlines such as our quarterly reporting close in on you
- You have a strong work ethic and your great analytical skills are paired with a hands-on mentality. You can always rely on your Excel acrobatics
- You are curious by nature and you thrive in a demanding, yet informal startup environment with rapidly growing businesses surrounding you
- No matter the field, you have proven yourself in the past and can clearly show why you will be successful in the future
- You are proficient in both German and English
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Early Stage VC investor and venture studio for food, sustainability and health.