Antler Singapore is seeking an Investment Analyst/Associate, a full-time role responsible for ensuring a five-star experience for candidates and founders at one of the world’s most significant early-stage VC funds. They will join when the SEA team is making efforts to scale its operations to produce more companies and close more investments than ever before. First and foremost, this means sharing ownership for founder experience, engaging the most talented entrepreneurs, playing a role in supporting Investment Committees and providing ongoing support to a growing portfolio.
Background and Experience
Antler SEA has solid business acumen and startup insight which any individual will benefit from.
For this reason, we’re excited to diversify the skills map of the team by looking beyond traditional business backgrounds and for candidates with a technical or engineering background. However, this role would be a perfect fit for someone with experience in management consulting, investment banking / private equity, corporate innovation, venture development, or early-stage investing.
You should have a strong interest or foundational understanding of the entrepreneurial, startup or venture landscape in Singapore and SEA. A high level of EQ alongside rational problem-solving is valuable as you will be part of a high-paced environment dealing with a diverse cohort of individuals. You will share ownership of all elements of the entrepreneurial experience Antler provides, giving you unparalleled oversight of founding and scaling a business from zero to seed.
- Entry-level role if coming from MSc/MBA or equivalent academic background, or with 4+ years of work experience
- Strong analytical skills, ability to own and deliver on tasks and projects
- Can be cross-functional or focused on one function
- Entry-level role from BSc or equivalent academic background
- Strong analytical skills, ability to own and deliver on separate tasks and projects
- Delivers high-quality work with guidance from manager or director
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support interviewing and recruitment of talent, contributing to an excellent cohort onboarding process.
- Collaborate on designing, developing, delivering and iterating materials and content for workshops, keynotes, roundtables and office hours.
- Lead day-to-day operations and logistics of program delivery, which includes:
- Maintaining the cohort schedule for founders, Antler team members and external stakeholders.
- Managing our internal platforms (Slack, Drive, Founders Hub) for founder communication, due diligence records and program operations.
- Managing records and resources across multiple platforms.
- Hasten the streamlining of processes and standardization of content to enable more hands-on time with each cohort and portfolio company.
- Share ownership of the cohort feedback cycle, developing feedback forms and responses to ensure a five-star program is delivered.
- Engage Antler SEA’s Venture Partners, Advisors and other significant stakeholders to deliver meetups, workshops, keynotes and office hours.
- Contribute to Due Diligence for each of the teams formed in the run-up to Investment Committee, specifically market and competition analysis.
- Gathering all materials, including third-party and coaching notes, ensures a complete view of all possible investment opportunities.
- Coordinate a mix of Antler SEA, Global and external venture capital partners to achieve a swift and effective decision-making process.
- Support the Finance Team to ensure a prompt closing of investments after the Investment Committee.
- Support the launch of numerous early-stage businesses per quarter, ensuring they develop products that can scale before raising additional capital.
- Contribute to the fundraising support of each company Antler SEA backs.
- Ensure portfolio companies provide all necessary materials and reports in a timely fashion.
Skills and Behaviors
- High energy; ability to hold an audience together in a virtual/face to face setting
- Highly organised, ability to structure and execute multiple processes and tasks at once
- Enjoy moving fast to iterate while remaining detail-oriented, much like in a startup role
- Able to play multiple roles of a facilitator, coach, operator - again, all at once
- Comfortable with shifting targets, deadlines and the ambiguity that comes with startups
- Must enjoy connecting with people, matching needs to requirements across peoples
- Hunger to learn more, do more and deliver against all odds
- Willingness to take feedback, accept vulnerabilities and move forward
- Clear communicator whether in writing, speaking or listening
You must be eligible to work in Singapore (Singapore citizens/PR). Antler does not sponsor visas for this role.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Where exceptional people build incredible companies.