Recruiting Ops Strategist - Founder Success
We are NFX, the fastest growing pre-seed and seed venture firm in the world and one of the fastest growing brands in tech. Everything we do is about giving startup founders an edge.
We’re a passionate team of over 60 ex-founders, ex-operators and career leaders building software, creating tactical startup content, and investing in world-class startups.
Now we’re expanding our Founder Success (Platform) Team with the addition of a new role -- Recruiting Ops Strategist.
The Guild, our community of Founders, is the heartbeat of NFX. In this role, you will help new Founders plan for and improve their hiring strategy plus execution by engaging deeply with their early team.
You’ll work closely with our in-house Founder Success Team to develop playbooks that helps accelerate a company's potential for success. You’ll work with multiple companies, engaging deeply, learning the business model and helping them implement, improve, and grow their internal recruiting capabilities -- from brand to process to selection to onboarding.
This is a one of a kind role where you'll engage with game changing Founders in a highly operational and deep way.
Who are you?
You’re a doer. You have an instinctual bias for action and aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty doing operational work for a variety of companies.
You’re a fast learner. You have great experience in all aspects of tech recruiting, but readily acknowledge you’re not an expert in everything. You tend to immerse yourself in testing new tactics and hiring concepts as they emerge.
You're service oriented. You get satisfaction knowing that you went above and beyond to help someone else realize their goals. You romanticize recruiting, believing whole heartedly that to be great, one has to be a match maker.
You love the mechanics of a process. Recruiting was rewarding but you realized where you can really make an impact is by creating more efficient processes for others. You obsess over those details and know every tool available to make processes purr.
You’re low ego. You may interact confidently with talented leaders while also being unabashed at doing the gritty stuff that makes start-up recruiting work; whether it be designing & implementing the right tech stack, developing stand-out job posts, managing a curated Db of the industry's top recruiting vendors, creating broadly effective talent sourcing programs.
You’re mentally flexible. You multi-task, context switch, and regardless of industry -- from marketplaces to gaming to bio to web3 -- you comprehend business models; you're industry agnostic and prefer the challenge of figuring out nuanced challenges of niche talent markets.
You laugh. Loudly. You’ve always found humor in human observation and interaction, and love to make light of it. Healthy banter is your forte and people love you for it.
The nitty-gritty stuff that you probably have on your LinkedIn but don’t define who you are:
- 1-4 years experience in recruiting operations and/or support roles in a high functioning startup or combination of start up and recruiting agency - the more familiar you are with building recruiting processes and tech stack from the ground up the better.
- Great analytical and research skills.
- Super organized and eager to both run and manage ongoing recruiting augmentation programs for dozens of companies.
- Service mentality is critical. Founder satisfaction is a key measure of success.
- Experience interacting with and presenting to senior leaders, founders, or executives.
- Bonus points if you’ve been a Founder or part of an early founding team. Not a must but a level of empathy for the founder journey can only help you and your Founder partners be successful.
If this sounds like you, here’s some of the tasks that what you will do in a typical week @ NFX:
- Meet with NFX Founders to listen & understand business goals and what actions they’ve taken to recruit their team so far
- Investigate tactics that might help companies meet their hiring goals - this will vary depending on how vivid your imagination.
- Help Founders or their designates develop and execute on key tasks such as writing job specs, implementing an Applicant Tracking System, providing recruiting and employment doc templates, running talent access programs.
- Writing presentations and playbooks on recruiting best practices.
- Developing and maintaining ongoing relationships with the industry's top exec search recruiters and HR tech vendors.
- You are not recruiting people for portfolio companies. This is about developing programs that enable and accelerate.
If this is you, please send us:
- Your LinkedIn link or resume
- A short paragraph or couple of sentences about why you’re a good fit for the role
NFX is a collaborative and close-knit team that is well taken care of. You should expect:
- Competitive Comp
- Carry Dollars at Work
- Generous Benefits package
- 401(k) with employer contribution
- Flexible Time Off
- A team of high-caliber, principled, fun people
- An atypical venture culture led by tech Founders not financiers
- A vibrant and modern office right in the heart of SF (Hybrid, flex philosophy)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
NFX is a venture firm exclusively focused on pre-seed & seed stage startups.